SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
If you want 6 racers on 2 lanes, go for scalextric or SCX.

It is still unclear whether 4 ghost cars means 4 discrete cars altogether (ie 2 driven + 2 ghost) - this is what most people think the info from Carrera means - or 8 discrete cars (4 driven + 4 ghost). But definately the max number of drivers is 4, full stop.

If you have already bought Carrera, don't sell up straight away; marshalls would be useful, and you probably need 2 people to try to keep track of how many laps everyone has done!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Interesting post westbys

As regards control channels, have you run 4 driven cars plus 1 ghost car simultaneously? I haven't heard reports of this being confirmed yet, and would love a definitive answer. (Ie the black box allowing MORE than 4 individually controlled cars)

3 driven plus 2 different speed ghost cars (ie the 2 ghosts not on the same channel) would also be a good test of this

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I know the theory, but sometimes theory and practice are different. As I asked (out of genuine interest), I wondered when we will hear the first actual proof that it works. Like you darainbow, I think it will, but confirmation is always good in these uncertain times!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Thanks for testing it Steve! And great result too

Its safe to say that 4 drivers +3 ghosts and a pacer is a reality then (+more duplicate ghosts, power permitting)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
QUOTE (Big Al @ 8 Jan 2005, 07:25)what the products capabilities are, and limitations..

For this discussion, I think my answers have been satisfied, but, I DO see a requirement where Carrera would have to release some upgrade, allowing the second powerbase to be added to the same curcuit, and thus allowing up to 8 drivers on each controller.. (Ala Mini Davic racing)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is unlikely to be possible with the bandwith and digital coding used. I suspect all 3 systems are fixed to the number of cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.