SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (Mecoprop @ 10 Feb 2004, 11:14 AM)It really is quite eccentric to describe the little ol' UK as
QUOTE the English speaking world in Europe
It's a tiny bunch of islands off the coast of a whole CONTINENT!
This tiny bunch of islands used to rule half the known world at one time, and we had the best Navy (ROYAL in fact)!

But no longer can we stick our noses where they're not wanted....
If it wasn't for the Mayflower and white man speaking with forked tongue then the world's largest superpower would in fact have its original people in charge - Native American Indians. Much downtrodden they were.

RULE BRITANNIA!!

Ahem... Whilst I'm not a total convert to digital, it's an interesting development regardless and I too follow the product's progress. As for wanting to convert a slot car back to it's former state then IMHO a small hole in the chassis isn't a problem. It's not as if the hole is in full view on top of the body

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (moped rider @ 10 Feb 2004, 12:33 PM)Any number of switching points are possible on a digital circuit so you could have several pit areas dotted at various key locations around the circuit to enable cars to be resloted.
Taking that to its extreme, perhaps you could have one specific lane where cars are re-slotted. By all means use the lane for racing, but at your own risk.

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
I quite like the new Roller. A brute of a car. OUT OF MY WAY,PEASANT!!
See, we're all different aren't we?
I like some of the Carrera cars too - especially cheap LeMans Audis and Bentleys
I have some of their street rods to go cruising with too, and sometimes the satin black Dodge Charger runs moonshine across the border

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
I'll have to try removing the magnets on my carrera cars

Johnny, I love tanks, but I've only ever driven an FV432 (just a box on tracks
) Still a good crack though!

The reason for the bus avatar is that it takes less time to load than the 2.8i capri from the same site and the fact that alfa drew my attention thanks to my 6x4 converted toy bus

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Johnny, that would be a great idea for a digital track! However, it would have to be an HO scale mini coz the bus as it stands is slightly too small for a 1:32 mini. We could have a conductive ramp and track section inside the bus so the car could actually be driven into it rather than coast into the back of the bus.

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
No, I'm sorry, but the new RR Phantom is a thing of ample, hard-edged beauty! Those huge 21 inch alloys compliment the bodywork perfectly. It has a REAL engine! 6.7 litre V12 producing 453bhp @ 5350rpm, and better still a nicely adequate 531 lb ft of torque @ 3500. Kind of going against the grain of most Roller owners, but put a set of open pipes together with modified fuelling on that baby! Oh yes! Suits me Sir!

Interestingly, one doesn't have a tachometer on the dashboard, one has a power reserve meter - far more gentlemanly! It shows one the amount of power one has as yet untapped in one's brisk progress down t' Queen's Highway.

Sod that, I could always attach a large, round STACK rev counter on top of the dash in my eyeline

Actually, the Phantom reminds me of Dr. Ninestein's Rolls Royce in the Gerry Anderson Tv series Terrahawks.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder! The Phantom should be celebrated as a great Anglo-German collaboration!

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
I postulated this theory regarding actual growling V8s tied into the slot cars on another thread somehwere. (bloody hell...postulated...must have eaten a dictionary this morning!)

I believe that the consensus was that there would not be enough track length for the cars to go up and down the gears properly - if the slot car takes 1.5 seconds to travel the length of a long straight (easily possible) then trying to get the engine sound to go up, say 3 or 4 gearchanges and then come back down those same number of gearchanges, blipping the throttle on the downchange, there wouldn't be enough real time available. Unless the sounds were speeded up, but then the car would sound like a 50cc moped on helium!

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
I agree Tropi, that's the price of another slot car, which surely has more work put into it than a piece of track. I'm not denying that a lane change track may well be more costly to manufacture than say a cross over, but an explanation of why it is so expensive would be nice.

Mark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.