SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,611 Posts
It`s nothing to do with politics. Carrera offer another option. It`s a matter of choice. I used all three systems at Toyfair and made my own personal choice based on my ability and my perception of the quality of each system. I`m a Brit who has lived in Germany for 18 years of my life, (back in England now) whilst we may choose sides for the football based on Nationality, I think we are all clever enough to buy what works well for us no matter who makes it/where it`s made. By the way Scalextric made in China now,

· Registered
2,611 Posts
It is also worth noting that the normal cars have been available for some time and are considered by many to be poor.

Mark, at peak the British Empire covered two thirds of the planet. My favourite Royal navy story? Admiral of American fleet sends a welcome to British Admiral upon arrival for a visit ...

Yank. "On behalf of the biggest navy in the world, Welcome".
Brit. "On behalf of the best navy in the world, thank you".

P.S. That bit is just for Mark if you feel offended by it then I am very sorry

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Well done Thomas in filling us in. As I and others pointed out the presentation at Toyfair of Carrera was poor at times. I`m looking forward to reading more from Nuremburg.

Tropi, Carerra have managed a decent car that even I can drive? Yes the Jag is better but the F! Ferrari, recently released is an example of being disappointed in yet another Carerra release. Thomas can tweak em good, I can`t and expect that many think a car shpould run straight out of the box.

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Genuine question,having also raced in Germany ( 18 years I lived there) Thomas is that true or are you holding out on me cos I`ve tried changing the guide and never race with magnets and the cars back ends fish tails down our track?

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Swiss I reckon I`ll wait until we meet then I`ll be happy to take a lesson or two and if a Carerra car out performs what I use I`ll more than happily use it mate
Don`t you smile at me Thomas! Same challenge to you too my friend

· Registered
2,611 Posts
I think we are def different, after all you like buses and I like tanks!! I reckon they based ther new Roller on `Thunderbirds` that pink one with Parker driving, of course you`d like the Machine guns fitted too eh

· Registered
2,611 Posts
432`s are a bit of fun.

Here is an idea for a great use for the bus. Any chance of replicating the Italian job by driving a mini into the back of the coach? Reckon you can do it mate

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Jon,

I`m struggling to find the contact details for the UK distributor of Carrera. I wanted to ask if they wanted to demonstrate the Carrera digital system at the Phoenix GT meeting? Better still , sort you out with a set and you come and show the guys how it works?

· Registered
2,611 Posts
No reply from UK people. Just an engaged tone and then a fax tone on both numbers! Useless!!

I have e mailed Jochen and explained what I am trying to do and that I can provide the man power to demonstrate the system . I have explained about the meeting and will forward the topic to him as well.

If you can help at all Thomas I would be obliged, as ever.

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Thanks to Jon at Slot City.

I`ve had a reply and will work out the logistics tomorrow. I don`t think I`ll get a Digital set up at the meeting but a start would be an involvement from Carrera and that`s been agreed so good all round result in the end.That was a successful SF combined effort guys...well done all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.