SlotForum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

· Registered
1,889 Posts
I agree Tropi, that's the price of another slot car, which surely has more work put into it than a piece of track. I'm not denying that a lane change track may well be more costly to manufacture than say a cross over, but an explanation of why it is so expensive would be nice.

Mark.

· Slot City
331 Posts
The set contents have been announced and are listed in the Pro-X catalogue (though I don't think this is widely available, in the UK at least):

- 6 straights
- 10 curves
- 2 lane change sections (four pieces of track in total, see below)
- 2 cars
- all the other bits and pieces

As regards the lane change sections, there appears to be a bit of confusion. There are two different versions, one goes from lane one to two and the other from lane two to one. Both contain two pieces of track (the same length as a standard straight). So the prices quoted refer to a complete two piece lane change set.

UK prices have not been set yet except for the set (£170) and the cars (same as regular cars). We're expecting the rest of the prices soon, though they weren't available when I last checked a few days ago.

We'll be listing all the Pro-X range for pre orders as soon as all the prices are available, though the current UK release date is not until August.

However, not all of the cars will be available in the UK, just a couple of extra Formula 1 cars. On the plus side, it looks like the new Carrera buildings WILL now be available in the UK.

Jon,
Slot City.

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Jon,

I`m struggling to find the contact details for the UK distributor of Carrera. I wanted to ask if they wanted to demonstrate the Carrera digital system at the Phoenix GT meeting? Better still , sort you out with a set and you come and show the guys how it works?

· Registered
421 Posts
The Carrera Pro-X Digital set has been priced at 159.99 pounds inclusive UK delivery by TimeTunnel http://www.goldstarstockists.com/

The Digital Carrera cars (two F1) are priced to 24.99 (inclusive delivery) as mentioned before the rest of the cars do not seem to be available by the uk distributor.

And the contact information for the UK distributor is supposedly:

NIKKO UK Ltd.
Hertfordshire AL7 1EW
7 Little Mundells, Welwijn Garden City
Tel.: 00 44 (0) 17 07 37 77 767
Fax: 00 44 (0) 17 07 37 77 769
Email: [email protected]

The above is just information 'distilled' from the net - I am not in any way affiliated with any of the companies etc... But generally speaking my experience of Nikko UK does NOT let me believe for a moment that they are particularly well organized... (I am being VERY polite here...)

regards
//peter

· Registered
778 Posts
Peter, you've been more than polite - I would suggest, that Jonny is trying to contact Stadlbauer / Carrera directly - especially as they have the technical experience to explain the system. @ Jonny - -will send you details by pm...

· Registered
2,611 Posts
No reply from UK people. Just an engaged tone and then a fax tone on both numbers! Useless!!

I have e mailed Jochen and explained what I am trying to do and that I can provide the man power to demonstrate the system . I have explained about the meeting and will forward the topic to him as well.

If you can help at all Thomas I would be obliged, as ever.

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Thanks to Jon at Slot City.

I`ve had a reply and will work out the logistics tomorrow. I don`t think I`ll get a Digital set up at the meeting but a start would be an involvement from Carrera and that`s been agreed so good all round result in the end.That was a successful SF combined effort guys...well done all

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.