SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
7,871 Posts
Just read the review and the comments and have two thoughts; firstly, when will folks STOP UNDERLINING TEXT THAT ISN'T A LINK; and secondly

QUOTE You will crash into other cars, and when you do it isn't pretty. - the case for the prosecution rest, m'lud.

· Premium Member
7,871 Posts
Xlot = stalker

No offence meant, Harry - I am a fan of your reviews - I just get suckered in to dragging the mouse over those underlines of yours everytime, just in case one IS a link.

Please don't replace your tags with

· Premium Member
7,871 Posts
QUOTE I can see way to many frustrated kids because of not pitting at the 'right time'.

And if they (the kids) are the target audience then I see way to many expensive sets stored up in the loft because,

"it's boring, dad. You keep beating me. Let's have a race on the Playstation instead."

I can't help but think the sophistication of this digital malarkey will be wasted on the youth of today and the enthusiastic oldies won't be enough of a market to keep it going.

Two years. I give it, two years before it slips quietly away.

Xlot - don't you go posting right after this one.

· Premium Member
7,871 Posts
Moi? Exaggerate? Mais non, you French strumpet!

Actually I kinda get Jonny's argument, the something added, nothing taken away idea but I just see it all as a short lived distraction. In my tiny little mind the beauty of the game is in it's simplicity - cars on track, squeeze triggers to go faster, see who wins.

Sweet.

Add in lane changing, fictitious punctures and fuel equations and it all gets muddier.

The late Scalextric club of High Wycombe turned into a Playstation club with four or five of Satan's little boxes wired together and car seats ripped from the scrap yard. Now they race virtually; but I don't believe they use any of the 'strategy' elements. Just straight first to the post racing. I don't doubt there are those who like the simulation aspect of these games but I firmly believe that straight racing takes precedence more often than not - to keep it simple. Pit stops and such tomfoolery are an added layer for those who want to; but one that makes it more complex and less likely to survive. IMHO.

Two years? Okay, maybe I give it three. The bikes are gone in two.

· Premium Member
7,871 Posts
Jonny, I nearly mentioned the earlier attempt at fuel strategy - the tank thing. How long did that one last?

Okay, okay, they can do it better now with digital voodoo but still the precedent is there.

Track the size of Norway? You gonna need some long booster cables to get to the bit on the borders of Finland.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.