SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Beppe Giannini
1,698 Posts
Hi Wankel !!
(I seem to be following you around today
)

what the review says is neither new nor unexpected : all commercial digital systems introduced or announced so far are squarely aimed at the crash-and-bash, toy market

IF dedicated slot racers want to enjoy MCPL's undeniable plusses as well, they have to :

- select a compatible system

- use longer tracks

- throw away magnets

- add anti-collision interlocks on LCs

- work out a code of conduct for shunts

Like I said, that's nothing new - just have another look at this thread

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=896

originated (pure coincidence) by your humble servant

Beppe

· Beppe Giannini
1,698 Posts
Hi Tropi,

AFAIK Astro's right : I have never seen a post anywhere denying that digital is "lots of fun"

Where you have a point, of course, is about "staying power" - but even before digital, 90% plus of slot sales were one-off events, so where's the problem ?

I believe we should face once more the harsh truth : "we" are not and have never been the marketing target for the Majors - if there's enough disposable income around to support mass sales of high priced, short lifetime crash-and-bash toy car sets, so be it - it doesn't really matter whether it's level crossings or digital

So, it's really a matter of wanting to take advantage of this situation : in the past, we have profited from the fortuitous availability of cheap, aesthetically pleasing car bodies, and made them perform sort of well by adding aftermarket components

Today, it's the same : commercial digital can be adapted to our purposes (kindly vide my earlier post) - the different systems are a nuisance, we'll have to be patient a bit more and wait for the outcome of the SSD vs. Ninco slugfest

I believe this is inevitable as long as slot racing remains a niche hobby, content of the occasional back page in a RC magazine - but that's another story.....

Ciao

Beppe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.