SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Wankel..I underline those things just to bug you. I will refrain from doing it in the future because I don't wanna lose my biggest fan.

There is the F1 set as well that isn't just an oval...so you can of course have your choice.

And I agree with all of you....it doesn't replace our traditonal racing...and it never will. It is a fun hobby by itself and good change of pace...time will tell the tale though I am sure.

Harry

· Registered
43 Posts
Tropi makes some good points, and as I said, "traditional" slot car racing will never go away...at least that is my opinion. I do hope that all of these companies do not forget about our curent hobby. So far, SOME of them still manage to concentrate just as much on regular racing...

And your right, no one really had anything bad to say...they were having fun so there wasn't much to complain about. Yes it was a short term fun factor...but still no complaints.

Does that mean all of them planned on getting into digital racing? No, course not.

While some raced digital, both of our "old" Artin 4 laners were buzzing with racers. A few of them said that if I kept the digital track up, that they would most likely get a car to race on it when they visited.

In a way that reminds me of the R/C racers I dealt with when I worked with Hobbytown. These guys were at a high competive level in that hobby and traveled the country racing.

However, a few of them had other R/C interests. They built tanks, ships, submarines and planes. They were in a R/C club designed for military modeling. They enjoyed R/C....not just racing but other aspects of it. Their main focus was of course the racing....But every once in awhile they did something different.

I know racers who are all about 1/32nd scale...but every once in awhile A HO scale T-Jet race comes up...and, well, they are in it.

Maybe digital racing will be like this for some in the hobby? A diversion? Something different?

Harry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.