SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can Spray painted track have the Black spray paint safely removed? With thinner or Rubbing alcohol. The center line is painted over. i do not want to ruin the track or the white center strip.

Thanks!

track_1.jpg track_2.jpg

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Are you asking if you can remove the black paint over the single white line that was painted over?
If so, it would be easier to paint a new white line..

·
ParrotGod
7,909 Posts
Man, people pay for getting that stupid white centre line removed from the track...and you want to bring it back??? What is the point of having it in a racing circuit!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Man, people pay for getting that stupid white centre line removed from the track...and you want to bring it back??? What is the point of having it in a racing circuit!
Agreed and amen👍

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Do not use thinners!

Maybe try methylated spirit as a test in one spot but go easy on it. I’d just leave it as it is I think. Or use a paint pen to put them back! While at first I hated it, I kind of got used to the white lines as odd as that may seem to many others!

·
Greg Gaub
14,791 Posts
Another vote for painting the track... but I'd go with a neutral gray color in a matte indoor latex/emulsion. If you want stripes for some odd reason, paint them on after the gray. Then you'll have a track that looks more realistic. Even a brand new tarmac race track doesn't stay black for long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts