SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to build a landscaped version of the "full" Monza & reckon those high banked Carrera turns would, once painted grey, look damn big & scary compared to the narrower scaley track which is exactly as Monza should be!

I think the missus would throttle me if I declared I was going to change systems just to get 2 corners so what I need to know is are there any tracks available to convert between between Carerra & Scaley as there are from Scaley Sport to SCX and Ninco?

If they're not directly available does anyone have experience at making this sort of piece? I've never tried it but I really really need the big scary looking banking so I'll have to have a bash!!

Here's the current plan using Scaley R4s (and half 3s at the north end) for the oval - but the Carerra R3 turn is just that bit wider which will give me a little more space to put stands on the entrance to the Parabolica. And of course I need the high bank effect to do the circuit properly.

(I know the Variante Della Roggia wasn't actually there when they used the full track but I thought potentially causing accidents early would be better than causing them right up near a wall at Monza speed since I have 2 small boys!)

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think if you use a jigsaw to cut a wedge from the middle of a carrera straight, you can bring it down to the width of scalectric track. This will take some gluing, but im sure you can do it.

Te bigger concern is that the carrera track has about half the magnetism so cars will driver differntly on it, unless you are running sans magnets.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info Darainbow. I think the muted Mag effect may be a good thing Big scary banking to go quicker - slightly less grip on the "concrete". They were meant to be "tricky" in the banking weren't they?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Don't if it's okay to post links to other forums here...but there's a "solution" to your problem over at HRW in the Artin section that worth looking at.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Yes, it's perfectly OK, Da Vols.
We have friendly relations with the other boards and interchange of ideas is good for everyone, so please go right ahead.

The classic way of making adapters is to start by using a crossover from the wider track, which is sliced across where the reducing width exactly matches the narrower track. I've never done it, but many people have.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thanks Tropi - Didn't want to get "yelled" at...

Here's the link:

My Webpage

He's using a Carrera "chicane" to narrow things down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts