SlotForum banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
This is along the lines of what I was thinking of... Could be tweaked to use R3 compounding into R2 and back to R3 to improve the 180 degree turn on the right. I’ll have a go at it later in the layout software. The pitlane can go under the overpass straight section, visibility should be reasonable viewing from the front. Pit garages could be deeper under the above straight if you are into scenery. I’d do something about borders/shoulders however, probably a DIY compromise to save on space and cost.

Hair Rectangle Automotive tire Font Line

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
This one really is quite tweakable in the design, some layout concepts are quite difficult to tweak to fit your space or available track pieces without completely changing the overall picture. But this one is really quite good for tweaking and there are many similar possibilities...

Light Product Urban design Font Line

Product Urban design Asphalt Line Font

Orange Urban design Font Games Technology

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 · (Edited)
Quite often, people ask about an 8x4 design, there aren't a lot of options in that kind of space for Carrera and if you go to 9x5 you get far more options. But for the mental challenge I have a go at it every now and then. Here is one such idea, no shoulders however, and no room for a pitlane.

Slope Font Urban design Parallel Technology

Or better, if you can get hold of a couple of 15 degree pieces (R4)
Product Font Urban design Line Asphalt

·
Registered
28 Posts
I managed to clear up some space in my garage and expanded my layout space to 12x4ft. Eventually I hope to get out to 6ft wide or an L shape table. I also picked up ScaleAuto's R1 curve and Carrera adapter track. This gave me some additional flexibility. I planned up this track but didn't particularly like the idea of the Carrera R1 in the upper right corner and the parallel straights were kind of boring in my mind.

Colorfulness Ecoregion Rectangle Slope Plot

So I tinkered some more and came up with this:
Colorfulness Ecoregion Product Rectangle Slope

More complicated because of the track weaving through itself, but it felt a bit more technical and fun in my mind. I'm in the process of setting it up and I've made a change to the last curve already, plus swapped the pit lane/CU with the double lane change. I don't love the placement of the lane changes but I plan to order another lane change to put leading into the last curve.

Working in tight space is not ideal, but you've got to work with what you've have!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
What is the ultra tight hairpin? It looks tighter than the standard R1 dimensions. Is it a custom made piece? Or something grafted together from another track system?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pretty much that... ScaleAuto's track has nearly the same width and lane spacing as Carrera track. The ScaleAuto adapter works very well without butchering track. The textures are different, ScaleAuto is much rougher. Shoulder/borders are narrower in ScaleAuto. And the ScaleAuto R1 does not fit inside the Carrera R1.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts