SlotForum banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I've tested all the cars I have, which include stock Carrera, slot.it with wood or Carrera guides, and Scalextric with Frankenslot Carrera guides, and they all make it through both lanes without binding.
If didn’t have the Policar track that I’m using right now, it would be a Scaleauto track , I think they’re the best for the money with club level specs and digital racing in mind (for the future).

Reactions: iamjosh

·
Greg Gaub
16,847 Posts
If didn’t have the Policar track that I’m using right now, it would be a Scaleauto track , I think they’re the best for the money with club level specs and digital racing in mind (for the future).
I haven't seen a whole lot about the ScaleAuto track, in spite of the US distributor being my LHS. What is it about ScaleAuto that makes it better than Policar, particularly for digital?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I haven't seen a whole lot about the ScaleAuto track, in spite of the US distributor being my LHS. What is it about ScaleAuto that makes it better than Policar, particularly for digital?
Well I don’t have (still) any piece of that track(Scaleauto) Greg, only what I have read and seen in the videos around the web.

I’ll draft some videos of a guy from Spain who has been champion several consecutive years of the CMR (Madrid Endurance Championship), he and his clubmates recently updated the Club track and it looks gorgeous.

And another one where he analyzes diferent types of tracks, including Policar, Scaleauto and Scalextric.

I think that both Scaleauto and Policar are better than the rest because there is +20 years of difference and obviously both brands made their homework at R&D.

Cheers

·
Greg Gaub
16,847 Posts
Alas, I do not understand Spanish, and the second video did not have closed captioning for me to turn on translation to English for. I look forward to being able to understand what he's saying, and maybe figure out if there's anything in particular about the ScaleAuto track that might make it any better for digital than Policar track. They both look to be exceptional track, of course. I also can appreciate the gray color of the ScaleAuto track, which is a sight for eyes sore from black track all the time.

It would seem to me, unless ScaleAuto is planning to provide digital pieces, that the differences between the two are not significant enough to exceed the convenience of Policar providing oXigen (and maybe SSD) compatible lane changers. That said, until the Policar lane changers hit the market, the point is moot... other than availability. I can get Policar right now, but I can't get ScaleAuto nearly as easily. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like the quality, but I don't really have much to compare it to except Carrera.

According to ScaleAuto's website, they have a digital double lane change planned looks like at the end of 2023. The compatibility with Carrera track enables all of the Carrera digital bits, so there is that already. I think the biggest advantages for ScaleAuto over the other tracks is that it is wide, as wide as Carrera, so it accommodates 124 and it has R1 through R6 curves. Running up to 12 lanes is certainly a club-friendly feature.

I ordered my track from Professor Motor in the US. They don't have the full range, but they were the only online supplier in the US that I could find.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Alas, I do not understand Spanish, and the second video did not have closed captioning for me to turn on translation to English for. I look forward to being able to understand what he's saying, and maybe figure out if there's anything in particular about the ScaleAuto track that might make it any better for digital than Policar track. They both look to be exceptional track, of course. I also can appreciate the gray color of the ScaleAuto track, which is a sight for eyes sore from black track all the time.

It would seem to me, unless ScaleAuto is planning to provide digital pieces, that the differences between the two are not significant enough to exceed the convenience of Policar providing oXigen (and maybe SSD) compatible lane changers. That said, until the Policar lane changers hit the market, the point is moot... other than availability. I can get Policar right now, but I can't get ScaleAuto nearly as easily. ;)
Found a video that’s spoken in English, hope this helps Greg

Cheers

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I like the quality, but I don't really have much to compare it to except Carrera.

According to ScaleAuto's website, they have a digital double lane change planned looks like at the end of 2023. The compatibility with Carrera track enables all of the Carrera digital bits, so there is that already. I think the biggest advantages for ScaleAuto over the other tracks is that it is wide, as wide as Carrera, so it accommodates 124 and it has R1 through R6 curves. Running up to 12 lanes is certainly a club-friendly feature.

I ordered my track from Professor Motor in the US. They don't have the full range, but they were the only online supplier in the US that I could find.
I understand that IBB Autoracing SL is the company that produces Scaleauto brand, it’s based in Spain and of course it has major distributors worldwide, PM is one of the most recognized Distributors in America, so it’s no surprise they actually have the track available at their store, fact the Northern Club around here gets lots of stuff from PM, almost everything that is Scaleauto comes from PM.

Cheers

Reactions: iamjosh

·
Greg Gaub
16,847 Posts
Found a video that’s spoken in English, hope this helps Greg
I appreciate you looking for videos for me. That one was... not exactly what I was hoping to see.
Again, great looking track. I'm at a loss for how this is any more suitable for digital than Policar.

I can see how it would be more useful to Carrera Digital users, specifically, since they offer a direct Carrera to ScaleAuto conversion piece, and Carrera users don't already have an option for such a tight radius that's not a bespoke piece of some kind. Maybe that's what you meant in the first place. :)
Policar decided to target NINCO for their conversion track, and so would be a better choice for those who have Ninco digital parts to re-use.

I think that tangent has run its course, and will leave the topic for its intended purpose. Sorry for that, Slotspeed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Trick? Plate of wood 6 - 8 mm thick underneath and then some heater pipe insulation no-cut as pillars.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts