SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all looking for some advice.
I am total new to this but my idea is to make some wooden routed track (Straights) to join up with Carrera evolution track (plastic). Has anyone done this or is it just a bit to mad.
There seams to be a shortage of straights for Carrera track here in the UK.

· Registered
1,037 Posts
Most of the wood/plastic hybrid builds are by digital racers who incorporate the plastic lane change sections into a routed wood track. You might search that concept on the forum to get joinery tips.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of the wood/plastic hybrid builds are by digital racers who incorporate the plastic lane change sections into a routed wood track. You might search that concept on the forum to get joinery tips.
Hi yep just seen Mr Trax do the very same and i do run a Carrera digital so could be a great idea. Have just found Harrel slot track as well and they are German and make there track to match Carrera so going to take a leaf out of there book

· ParrotGod
12,580 Posts
Mate fair point, the only thing is i live in a 1 bed flat so would need to pack it away but do like your thinking
You can do a sectional routed track. Instead of many small pieces you can do 3 to 4 largish pieces which will save time to put together and dismantle after use.

· Registered
626 Posts
I do not think that is completely a crazy idea...but if you are going on the routed route, why not going all the way?
hi grunz your question appies to me as well ,i,m going to do a 3 lane track but use all my carrera stuff as well ,i have enough carrera for a 90 ft 2 lane digital ,i have advertised all my carrea stuff ,just keeping the digital parts ,but nobody wants to buy ,so i have decided to use the carrera cos i have painted it all anyway and the finish i have achieved is very smooth and comparable to wood finish so using the carrera and adding a 3rd lane with mdf and making mdf sections ( 3 lanes wide ) i end up with 100 ft 3 lanes ,with 2 being digital and all 3 being anolog ,

· ParrotGod
12,580 Posts
hi grunz your question appies to me as well ,i,m going to do a 3 lane track but use all my carrera stuff as well ,i have enough carrera for a 90 ft 2 lane digital ,i have advertised all my carrea stuff ,just keeping the digital parts ,but nobody wants to buy ,so i have decided to use the carrera cos i have painted it all anyway and the finish i have achieved is very smooth and comparable to wood finish so using the carrera and adding a 3rd lane with mdf and making mdf sections ( 3 lanes wide ) i end up with 100 ft 3 lanes ,with 2 being digital and all 3 being anolog ,
This idea of the third lane in MDF next to the plastic one, is very interesting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts