SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anybody give a little help on the clips that go under the carrera track? Is it a good idea to use these and if so what is the best way to get this done? After a few pcs I am finding it hard to clip large sections of track together. Thanks for the help.

TIM

·
Registered
67 Posts
Are you speaking of the plastic 'U' shaped clips that secure track sections end to end or the clips that hold track sections together side by side for making multi-lanes?

If it's the end to end clips then I would recommend using them. They can be a pain and when putting together a layout of any decent size your hands are bound to be stiff but these clips assure track sections do not slide apart and influence electrical connection. After making sure your two track sections are firmly agasint one another it is easiest to take the open end of the 'U' and slide them in to place on either side of the boxes that the opposing track tabs slide in to. Pushing them firmly towards the end of the section you then press down the closed end of the 'U' until you hear a faint 'snapping' sound.

They can be fiddly little bits though and some do fall back off while you are working other sections. Just take your time and you should be fine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
As posted above, you will want to secure the track with the clips....I typically use three clips on each side, meaning 6 clips at each joint, more where borders are involved.

Having done this many times in the search for that perfect layout, I would recommend that you build in sections. It's much easier to attach the clips when you can see what you're doing, so grab 4-5 sections, flip them over and clip them together. At the end, you'll still have to clip the large sections together "blind*", but if you have a lot of track, your fingers will learn to quickly find the connections. The trick then is to find that 3rd arm (or chin) to provide enough pressure to hear that little 'click'.

*with the track in the correct position on your table, it's difficult to peak underneath as you're connecting the last clips, so you have to go by feel unless it's an elevated section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts