SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if when your building 4 or 6 lane tracks with Carrera track if you have to have the outer edges for the track to mate up? I have tried 15deg,30deg.60deg none will fit together with no gap.
Thanks

·
fred
1,608 Posts
can you supply a photograph to show what problem you are getting.

Our club has a 4 lane carrera track and I have not experienced this problem.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Carrera do 4 different radius curves to make up to 8 lane track. The different angles of the same radius won't fit together.
Oh and welcome to Slotforum!

Allan

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
You use the border pieces on the outside of the lanes not "between" track pieces. You just fit the corner pieces side-to-side, they will "nest" together to make up to an 8-lane wide track.
These are the flat corner track pieces.

These are the banked track pieces.

DaveK
Carrera of America

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll take a picture of the problem and put it up.................Allan is the any way to tell what angles the track is? I think its possible that may be the problem. Some of the track came in a set and some I bought off of E-bay. That may be the problem they may be diffrent angles. Thanks for the help guys

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
If it's the new track with no connection tabs on the outter edges of the track, you will see the curve number molded into the track. If it's the older track design with "Exclusive" molded into the bottom of the track, you will likely have to guess about which piece it is. Is this banked track or flat track?

And yes if you have a photo that's best.

·
Bruce Yingling
1,603 Posts
Pretty much any piece of Carrera track will mate to any piece of Carrera track, as far as end to end goes. Not all of those combinations will be something you would want to use.

The only problem I can imagine you are experiencing: you are trying to nest a Kurve 1 piece immediately inside a Kurve 3, or something similar, while building your multi-lane.

A Kurve 1 will fit inside a Kurve 2. That will fit inside a Kurve 3. That will fit inside a Kurve 4.

You can't nest a 1 inside a 3 w/o a 2 in between them (thus going to 6 lanes), or 2 inside 4 w/o a 3 in between.

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
QUOTE (honestjudge @ 21 Jul 2011, 21:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>reading 13daveks post makes me think maybe banked and flat track are being mixed?

Yes, that's what I'm wondering now.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I had a problem with the R1 outside shoulders when I installed this on R1 curves in 2008 year.
The shoulder didn´t fit perfectly on the curves. It was a gap between the shoulder and curves.
I must to grind approximately 1.5 mm on the right side on every shoulders for perfect fit.

R1 curves were produced in 2007 year, shoulders were older.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I'm a little confused...I've personally used old and new Carrera with old and new borders...it all works fine, just as you would expect. Obviously you can't lay banked next to flat track (as was already said)...and obviously you can't nest an R1 to an R3 or R4 (also said). And obviously you only put the borders on the outermost or innermost curves. That being said...anything else will work just fine. To have 8 lanes...then every turn must be R1/R2/R3/R4 (btw...it doesn't matter what the angles are...not at all, just the radius). To have 6 lanes...then every turn must be either R1/R2/R3 or R2/R3/R4. It's not rocket science...*grin*

John

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (John Cahill @ 23 Jul 2011, 07:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm a little confused...I've personally used old and new Carrera with old and new borders...it all works fine, just as you would expect.

I had the problem only in this case - R1 2007 year + older R1 outside shoulders , everything else fits in perfectly always.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts