SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Obtained in the Zürich area this morning and winged direct to me for your perusal..

Carreras all NEW buildings, due out this year..

They are 1/32 scale, totally modular and upgradeable and designed to be painted and decorated to suit your requirements.

No details on pricing or release date apart from this year.
Info courtesy of 'thomas'

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Very impressive and inspirational. Oh no more painting!! Love it really.

thanks for the advance notice, I`d better start saving my pennies (Euros?)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Cool....something that looks the part and will hopefully be a bit more resiliant than cardboard!

I think the grandstand looks great and the modular idea is superb so you can adapt it to your own layout!

Looks like 2004 might be a good (if expensive) year !

·
Registered
349 Posts
BRILLIANT!

The candy shop keeps getting better!!!!

Oh what times to be a kid again.

Thanks for the tip off Thomas et Swiss.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
stuff being a kid again, much better to be a `Big Kid` instead....more money to spend on toys!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
...additional information about new Carrera-buildings:
The buildings are made out of plastic (styrene), the design is modular, the kits are snap-tite and will be available in 2004.

The following buildings will be available
21100 grand stand with stairs and roof, room for 84 figures
21101 grand stand extension without roof but stairs, room for additional 84 1/32-visitors
Both stands might be combined easily
21102 press tower - 3 storeys above double garage
21103 press tower extension set - 1 storey with balcony
21104 pit building - 1 double garage with moveable doors and slot for placing cars, complete with balustrade
21105 vip-lounge - 1 storey, might be easily placed above pit building.

Almost everything might be combined with anything! the limit is just your imagination - or your bank account

As soon as I've information about pricing, I'll post it here.

And an additional teaser - there are also figures in 1/32 announced!
What a year

·
Registered
979 Posts
These look awesome, particularly the grandstand sections, oh don't diss the Scalextric cardboard offerings, with a bit of work the pit garage can look the business!

It seems if everyone is jumping on the figures/buildings bandwagon (carrera, scx, slot-it, fly and scaley with the new pit crew) - what about good old SRA? Come on Jon blow them away with some excellent new figures!

Mark

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Outstanding stuff ! I will buy a lot of these buildings (I won't save much again this year) !

I can't wait to see the figures ... Let's hope they bring some spectators (and I'm confident they will)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Wow,

Looks like they are missing some of the superstructure in the back but this can be fixed. Outstanding! Being modular is a stroke of genius. I can just see masive tribunes with 200,000 hand painted figures all cheering Caracciola, Chiron, Rosemeyer, Nuvolari, Varzi, von Brauchitsch, and Fagioli as the pass the start finish line.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
These rather nice looking grandstands and pit building complex are featured in the shop section of the Rennbahncenter-Hude web-site, but there are no pricing or or details:

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
They look good too! Mainly plasticard I reckon and very effective. I tell you what ,we are a spoilt lot nowadays, so much to choose from. Fantastic cars,track ,accessories, a brilliant Forum and online retailers just as the model shop hits decline and... I `m lucky to be involved with the best club in the universe (unless that Beagle gadget gets working and throws up another club on Mars!).

What a magnificent hobby to be involved with right now. I`ve just got in from running Phoenix. Had 36 dads and lads racing this morning and 32 kids this afternoon. The enthusiasm is awesome. Oh happy days!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wow, what a choice !. The Carrera buildings look very promising but might be a bit of an overkill for my small circuit. Personally, I find the pics posted by Russell to be of more interest to me.

Unfortunately, I also cant find any pricing or "how to buy" either.

Perhaps Thomas or someone would be kind enough to translate for us ?

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
Seconded Mark...

I would very much like details of the open grandstands that fit what looks like the inner radii of R2 .

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Lets not forget that the Carrera system is modular so it could be all things to all men.

I have been following this thread and it is the right sort of development for Carrera.

Now if Carrera made the decision to offer it to their competitors through a licence agreement so that the product could be offered with alternative promotional banners then that would help with their global product distribution of this product no end.

Rather interesting none the less.

Moped

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Moped,

I don't see your point when you say that Carrera should allow their competitors to produce those buildings through a licence agreement.

If you don't like the Carrera banner, it's quite easy to put some others ! You still can buy them. Where's the need to have the same buildings done by Scalextric ?

Though I agree that a licence agreement could become a true need in the digital mess (but then the other way round, other companies buying a licence from Scalextric).

Coming back to those Carrera buildings, I think they will sell very well and it's true that Scalex offerings (cardboard buildings) are very poor both in term of appeal and value.

The two forthcoming mechanics sets are fine though and I hope they bring some other as well, especially marshalls and sitted spectators.

Slotcarworld says the following on their site : "Carrera will be introducing Race Figures and Race Buildings in 2004. Look for these to arrive around third quarter
Might be the buildings they used to have, if they are they will be awesome! "

Well, seeing the new range, the former buildings which were indeed really nice simply look obsolete !

·
Registered
238 Posts
QUOTE (thomas @ 9 Jan 2004, 05:59 PM)And an additional teaser - there are also figures in 1/32 announced!
Pre-empted my question.........................it just keeps getting better and better.........can't wait to move so I can get a permanent track down and start adding all these goodies

·
DT
5,195 Posts
There is serious $$$ here. The grandstand takes over 80 figures. GS sells 6 SCX figures for £12.99 - €19.16. That's £169 - €255 of figures for the grandstand alone!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts