SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've just got a brand new Ferrari 250 SWB , from Carrera 1/24th scale.
I would like to upgrade the car because it works really well, but I have no experience at all in the 1/24th scale.

What would you do to upgrade that car?

Thanks in advance,

Ramon

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Dump the entire chassis/running gear and look for a Plafit RTR chassis to suit it.

Carrera cars are not competitive and they are not made to be. Carrera target the toy market specifically and not the racer/tuner. Sure they run serious races but only with box standard Carrera cars.

You could also look into reducing the weight of the body as it is likely to be seriously overweight.

I am invited to a Whitepoint body / Plafit chassis race event tonight so will take some pictures of the chassis I am talking about.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

I sort of disagree!

Speed and racing: you dont have to be fast to race. In fact, my adult children have been racers since they were in diapers. And they LOVE the Carreras, especially on commercial tracks. They are running at a more realistic speed, and being equally slow, they enjoy turning lap after lap withing inches of each other.

If they are fast enough to come off, you can RACE them.

I have been really looking forward to the SWB, it will be a nice addition to the Vettes and Jags we have.

Fate

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi Ramon,
I've to disagree with Swiss a 100%!

You don't need a Plafit-chassis!

True the tires or better replace them with Orthmann or Wiesel-tires, remove the mag's, check the guide-set-up and add some lead - for the 250 app. 7g in the Guide-area and 2*5g in front of the rear wheels. After hteat you've a real nice car to drive!

Not the speed is the indicator of the amount of fun you can have with a car, ist's the way it drives!

I own a couple of 1/24-CArrera-cars and most of them are still on the original chassis! And we had a couple of races with them - and had a tremendous amount of fun!
And FYI - -Plafit is not the best chassis to upgrade a 1/24-Carrera-car! For the LMP's (Audi, BMW, Panoz, Porsche) the TSRF-club-chassis is a good choice - and in genereal for all 1/24-bodies a MoMo or a Schoeler! All of them run better and are more ridgid than a Plafit!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
at our club we run a class of stock club owned carreras, at the moment it happens to be my favourite class, we run the erm.... the white lola like thing (says dell all over it) and an audi of some sort, again, lola styled

bit vauge but still i got my first first place with one of the audis, the cars are great!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts