SlotForum banner

281 - 300 of 333 Posts

·
novice jazz player &
6,106 Posts
Yellow... cyan... and magenta... great combo of colours... perfect for colorimetry gurus... and the green wheels are a nice addition too... and and its a fast Porsche... where do I buy?

c

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Yes, I noticed 1 for about £60 or so mint boxed. I didn't want a boxed example so I got mine for a more acceptable price.

How they perform isn't great but on my small track they are fun.

·
Electric model car driver
1,352 Posts
After reading all the chatter about the Sideways Ford GTE I decided to fork out for the Scalex version to find out what all the fuss was about.

I added some Supergrips and fast? no question about it but needs brakes and tons of them. I can see an FK-130 just around the corner for this car.

IMGP9117.JPG

The postman also brought this very cheap ($35NZ) hardly used Avant Slot Porsche Spyder that someone had fitted a NSR King 21 EVO/2 to. I replaced it with a Flat 6 and added alloys and Ultras and tickled the rather weird rear suspension a bit and what a joy to drive, though it might need a tad bit more power now.

IMGP9118.JPG

Attachments

·
novice jazz player &
6,106 Posts
I used a few of the GTEs when I was developing the low speed handling of the A00 throttle profile for in-car pro firmware v4.0.1. It certainly tames the FF slimline motors of the Scalextric GTEs when run on digital tracks. It also retains the high end rpm. Yes brakes are softer but in that respect they are more realistic. I know they are a poor match for FK-130 powered cars due to the weaker brakes... however... with low speed handling tamed they are a pleasure to drive on raceways with twisty sections and long high speed straights... so a class I 100% enjoy!

c

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Hello, hello, hello, who do we think we are sir? Ayrton Senna?

My latest car is this Scalextric BMW 330i M-Sport Police car.
The livery and paint finish is brilliant.

I have a collection of Scalextric Police cars so this is a nice addition. On Father's Day I will get the road car its going to pursue around my track.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I took advantage of the online Slot Festival sale at Scale Models at the weekend to buy a further 4 Ninco cars. The first 2 is the Porsche rally car and the LM Callaway C12 R.

I have road car versions of both cars so it seemed a good opportunity to acquire racing models of them (any reason for another Porsche).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I took delivery of a Revell Daytona Cobra from Pendle's Virtual Gaydon Sale today.
wub.png

One of my FAVE 1:! scale cars, and the model the #15 car from the '65 Daytona race.
thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Almost bought that Cobra last Saturday as all I would have needed to do was change the numbers to get the car I wanted but in the end settled for a car from the bay that will need a respray, already got the paint, as the strip is wrong on the Le Mans version. Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Its the most striking, beautiful livery out there for Aston Martin, congrats!
Thank you. My only disappointment was I could not get the 007 version. That is a hot looking car as well. I love Aston Martin. I only wish it was in my personal snack bracket for a real car! The lines are striking.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Thank you. My only disappointment was I could not get the 007 version. That is a hot looking car as well. I love Aston Martin. I only wish it was in my personal snack bracket for a real car! The lines are striking.
One of the few advantages of practicing law is that often have clients/friends with more money than you(thats me), I have a fríend with a DB9 Street car of course, so the other day he gaves it to the Driver to drive it to the pollution check inspection... Too bad the Driver didnt know the hand brake was at the left side of the seat, as he drove it with the hand brake on, the story ends with a hand brake burn and gearbox damaged, a Driver fired and a £4000 Bill in repairs! 😮

So the moral of the story is be happy and drive a Toyota 😁, leave the Aston for the Slot Track.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Any chance of a pic Kit? I like the Shelby Cobra, a great looking car.
No probs, LOTS of them.
biggrin.png

Most impressive packaging and display box!
thumbsup.gif

The magnets have already been removed
thumbsup2.gif
and to my amazement I found that the car is FRONT engined!
ohmy.png

Attachments

281 - 300 of 333 Posts