SlotForum banner

321 - 333 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The next 3 are a Ninco BMW Mini Cooper and 2 Pink Kar VW Beetles. The red Beetle is a 1955 Mille Miglia car. The Mini is a new car for my small Ninco collection. The Beetles just ooze charm and are fun on my small track.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The last 4 cars are 2 Ninco Porsche 356, Ninco Porsche 934 and a limited edition Scalextric Ford Capri.
I didn't have a 356 Coupe so it's good to finally get one in my collection. I've been after a Ninco 934 for some time but prices can be too high. I would like a road car 934 but will leave it until 1 appears at a reasonable price. The Capri is a road car and will look good next to my BMW Police car.
I have also ordered my 20th Scalextric Porsche 935 which is in the post so I will add it to this thread when it arrives.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
A nice collection of slot cars, Matthew. Could you give your views on the Fleischmann 917's track performance, please? It's a model that appeals to me more than the new NSR version.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
It's not fast due to poor tyre performance and the standard motor. It is a very wide car, best to replace the tyres where possible for urethanes and if necessary, the motor if you want performance. It has a motor pod which includes the rear axle and is separate to the rest of the chassis. It has a can motor in inline configuration with no option to change to SW or AW unless you butcher the whole car. I will post some photos later today.

Its performance is relaxing and nowhere near a NSR car.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Thanks, Matthew. Most useful info. Superb model and thanks for the detail pics. A nicely 'period' slot car. Think I'll look out for one.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Looking at the drivers name, it seems this may be an Interserie car. The detailing isn't bad at all, the driver isn't holding the wheel but I dont notice that when its running laps on my track.

Thank you Keith, the pod looks like its possible to mount it at the front with a horizontal spring to allow some movement.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yes, that's one of the Interserie cars. Fly made several, and this livery was one of them....I have the white/blue version.

I agree, the Fleischmann cars are....."sedate" comes to mind. But with some detailing, they look pretty in my opinion.
The Fly is also a clamshell, so you have to cut the sills and re-glue everything to replace the chassis in those. I would suppose a Policar pod would make this more interesting.....or even just a motor swap.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 ·
Another for your rapidly growing collection, Matthew. Very nice, too. Incidentally, you might be interested to watch a YouTube vid about Wolfgang Porsche's favourite five cars, which he keeps in his garage at Zell-am-See.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The white Porsche above arrived wrapped up in a Chivas Regal box so I thought you had sent it. Till I saw the return address in Wiltshire. 😀

Thank you,I will look for the video this evening.

321 - 333 of 333 Posts