SlotForum banner
441 - 460 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I don't often come to this thread, even less likely to post but... Alfa 155 'n' Martini? Are you wise?
View attachment 284717
Motor seems quite the torquey little number but the handling was way... ward. I discovered the can has a tiny wee circuit panel across the poles(?) that raised the height of the sodder nubbets such that they fouled the interior tray - itself not fully seated correctly - so I wasn't getting the body rock I expected. All sorted now and I'm hoping she'll run as well as m' Bosch car.
Im waiting for mine to arrive, been collecting all the Alfas and some extra liveries , one of my fav cars from Slot it😀

·
Registered
209 Posts
My first Slot.it cars last week, and now my first RevoSlot today. Doesn't quite fit with my Aussie touring car theme, but it was a great price and it looks good. Bit of a change for a bloke who up until a couple of years ago only knew about Scalextric and Carrera, but it's about time I branch out. Can not wait to throw this around my track, might be a nice little competitor for the Slot.it Nissan cars.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I recently picked up the Carrera 320 turbo too, its a great looking thing. Hope they do more of the Group 5 stuff.

just waiting on my FLY 911 25th anniversary car and my Slot It R32 GTR this week, then i should probably stop buying so much....especially as a new Capri and a LMM 911 turbo crept in....

·
Registered
442 Posts
My first Slot.it cars last week, and now my first RevoSlot today. Doesn't quite fit with my Aussie touring car theme, but it was a great price and it looks good. Bit of a change for a bloke who up until a couple of years ago only knew about Scalextric and Carrera, but it's about time I branch out. Can not wait to throw this around my track, might be a nice little competitor for the Slot.it Nissan cars.

View attachment 284756
Love the revos mate, keep em coming

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
This caught my eye recently: Carrera's new Schnitzer BMW 320 Turbo Group 5 car from the 1980 DRM season. It's so ugly, quirky and strange that I couldn't help but buy it, even though I have nothing appropriate of similar performance to race it against.

It'll be added to my projects pile and eventually modified to make it lighter and perform better, but for now, it'll sit in its box while I wonder whether it's just pig ugly, or a genius aesthetic that I'm not subtle enough to appreciate.

One thing's for sure; Carrera is one of the few manufacturers brave enough to produce oddball cars that don't have many livery options.

And for those who might wonder how they compare, I've photographed it next to a Sideways BMW 320 Group 5.

You can read about its evolution here: TouringCarMadness – Extreme or Aeroheck - historicmotorsportcentral.com

View attachment 284626
View attachment 284627
View attachment 284628
View attachment 284629
View attachment 284630
View attachment 284631
View attachment 284633
View attachment 284635
View attachment 284637
View attachment 284638
I really like the Carrera Schnitzer BMW!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Almost certainly, probably,possible that we'll get a scaley SD1 next year. Plenty of liveries,both the eighties tricentrol championship and the Spa 24.
Hopefully we'll get the full ciggies liveries from Spa.
Although Steve Soper had won the championship in the yellow SD1, Tommy W had been fast and loose with interpretation of the regs,as usual and the car was excluded.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Technically Simon is saying no to a triplex livery Rover, he hasn't actually said no to a SD1.
It'd make sense, police cars sell well, plenty of liveries from Tricentrol UK series and scaley have started a Spa 24 collection, capri, camaro and hemi Cuda.

441 - 460 of 489 Posts