SlotForum banner
461 - 480 of 489 Posts

·
Tel
4,090 Posts
A nice Parcel arrived from Pendleslot yesterday :)

And a couple of days previous from another source:

·
Tel
4,090 Posts
I actually prefer the blue one, its a lovely satin metallic that the picture doesn't do justice to.
You should be quick, they seem to be getting hard to find already !

·
David H
3,900 Posts
When is a Porsche 917/10 not a Porsche 917/10? When it's an NSR Porsche 917/10, that's when.

However, naming, scale and slotification issues aside, this is NSR's latest Porsche 917/10. The one that made me break my resolve not to buy an NSR 917/10. The Vaillant livery is one of my favourites, so the credit card took a hit (the real Vaillant car was a 917/30).

Despite some howling liberties taken by NSR with its shape - the biggest of which is a cockpit opening that is about half as long front to rear as it should be, presumably so that it doesn't interfere with the optimum placement of the front body post - the model is recognisably a Porsche 917/10, so I'm pleased with it.

Mine only arrived today and I've not driven it yet, but a friend's 917/10 wasn't competitive against NSR's 908/3 when we tested them on my Ninco track at home. The big rear wing seemed to be the major culprit, 2.5 grammes of plastic high up and behind the rear axle not doing the car's performance any favours at all. Removing the wing - it unclips easily - improved matters a lot and brought the 917/10 and 908/3's laptimes much closer together, but I can't see the 917/10 becoming a club favourite without it either being raced in a one-make class or handicapping other cars.

Still, it's a gorgeous car to look at. If you're fussy about accuracy, just don't look too hard!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Circuit component Hardware programmer Bumper Passive circuit component Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Green

Tire Vehicle Car Hood Wheel

·
Registered
945 Posts
Fly were even more fast and loose with designs and designations of 917s, particularly the 917 langhecks they did. The le man's miniatures 917 langhecks are spot on ,as you would expect, but obviously at a price somewhat north of fly.

Fly also slapped the incorrect liveries on 917/10s, that Vaillant car is the prototype 917/30 chassis, it had a frame extension that could be included or deleted to alter the wheelbase, that 917/30/001 also was pedalled by quick Vic in Jagermeister livery.
The Penske 917/30 can am cars always ran the longer wheelbase in all the piccies I've seen

Nsr have missed an opportunity for more liveries, the interserie cars and the first can am customer cars ran with a tail that didn't have the rear wing cantilevered so far back, also they had a nose derived from the 1971 langhecks minus headlights.
Some interserie cars ran with original nose and second tail,or the opposite.
Can't see them modifying the mould though to represent these other cars.

Some scribes incorrectly designate that short wheelbase 917/30 as a 917/20, which is the correct designation for the #23 pink pig entered by Martini at LM 71.

·
Electric model car driver
1,504 Posts
Recently we've started a skinny wheel GP and F1 class and fortunately I found this at a local dealer, and with a 15-16k motor and sticky rear tyres it's a honey to drive.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

And while on the hunt, I found another that I've been looking for for some time, at another local hobby shop and with some ballast and NSR Ultragrips it's a blast. This like its sibling (the twin high wing version), will be a pointy end car for sure. They say, fish your feet first, and had I done so I could have had this in the garage quite some time ago.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
The Revo double pack looks good....I hate when NSR slaps GT3/GTML liveries on their 997.
I think that Scaleauto 997/991 Porsche bodies look better, but Nsr are good for Racing, less prone to fly to bits in case of a crash😉

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Picked up these two today, Absolute Lovely.
And still enough room for improvement. Ennea team F40 due for a rear wing mod (should be curved) and #59 in for some new headlight covers (LM 24hrs style) and a very hefty weathering session 😇
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

All in due time, way after R'ham race, possibly even after Suzuka. But at least they're on "my" shelf.

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Picked up these two today, Absolute Lovely.
And still enough room for improvement. Ennea team F40 due for a rear wing mod (should be curved) and #59 in for some new headlight covers (LM 24hrs style) and a very hefty weathering session 😇
View attachment 287428
All in due time, way after R'ham race, possibly even after Suzuka. But at least they're on "my" shelf.

With kind regards
Tamar
Is it just me, or the F40 by Revo is the car with the most correct stance, that’s between wheels and body? Someguy with one of those just beat me(by almost 6 laps!!!) two weeks ago in a box stock race, while I was racing a Supra perfectly oiled and with racing slicks, so I’m guessing if the F40 has a lower CoG that enables to take better the bends of the track.🤔

461 - 480 of 489 Posts