SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
i'm off to the states this year if i buy a car over there will it run on my uk scalextric track
thanks tony

·
re member
4,019 Posts
QUOTE (slotnik @ 11 Jun 2011, 20:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Only on the right though

ha....its just as well for magnets because we are upside down here in NZ compared to you guys up there.

12volts DC is 12volts DC anywhere in the world.

regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
G'day Im wondering if you gentlemen would be able to tell me where I could buy a finished or kit 1/32 Lotus 40 I dont seem to be able to find one.

Steve

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Well if the UK Scalextric cars work on my track in Canada, then the reverse will be true for US cars in the UK. Voltage on the track is the same, just use different PSUs (power supply units).

You may be pleasantly surprised by the cost of slot cars et al in the US.

FYI, a C7007 CLC track in Canada is $50 retail.... but only $25 in the US and that is with currencies at near par.
A lot less than the UK prices, I think.

Happy shopping.
Cheers!

PS Check out www.scalextric-usa.com to find the location of Scalextric dealers in the US.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
well...you may also be surprised to find that it's really darn hard to find a hobby store in the US that's well stocked with Scalextric (or any other brand). I'm sure others have found them...and in fact the handful of stores that run internet businesses here undoubtedly are well stocked (I'll leave it to you and your Google to find them). Personally, I've never seen one...except briefly in Miami, Fl a few years back shortly before it closed its doors!

I would seriously consider that Google idea....either to pick a city if you have some flexibility in your trip itinerary or maybe order by mail while you're here.

Enjoy your visit...let me know if you intend to come through Sedona, AZ (something else to Google *grin)!

John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi john
we are going to orlando so no were near sedona i have googled the area there seems to be a couple of stores to look at
tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts