SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two cars arrived today that I ordered from Milan Tomasek.

The White car is a R&S MkIIIc Lincon from the IMSA Race Series and the yellow car a Reynard 2KQ VW from the ALMS Series.

For those who don't know these cars are handbuilt and feature Lexan shells.

Milan can be contacted on www.mtr32.host.sk

Regards

Alan

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Danny

They don't run particulary well on plastic tracks as they are really set up for routed tracks. The tyres are foam and don't give too much grip on plastic.
The lincon has a decent guide and laps my test circuit ok, but the motor is very slow. The Reynard has a TSRF type peg guide and will need a little work to get it to run.

You can do almost anything to improve running from fitting a TSRF chassis to just replacing the tyres, it really depends what you want.

The whole point about these cars is that Milan builds almost everything himself, including the body, wheels and tyres, so I really don't want to do very much to the car at all.

You can also buy just bodies from him, if you want to fit your own chassis and running gear.

Check out his website to see how he produces incredible results from very limited resources.

John....I wouldn't let one of these anywhere near a "winged Wonder", or indeed one of Howmet's retro Megarod's.

Regards

Alan

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Received my two cars today, a F550 and a BRM P301.

AMAZING STUFF!!!

Whereas by the decals you can see very clearly that it's a one-man-handcrafted-product, done with limited resources, I especially find the quality of the lexan body overwhelming.

Unfortunately, my F550's interior isn't on the same level of detail as shown on his own pictures. But no complaint, this cars are definetly the highlight of my 250-car-collection so far.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have recieved one of four ordered and I was very happy with it, review is elsewhere on this site. I am looking forward to the rest of the order.

I see he has opened for business again, he had stopped taking orders for a while, I also see the price has risen from €60 to €74 for the cars from the "my Cars" section. Still good value, considering the work and detail - I think.

G

·
Received my car today a F550. This car captures what I love about hand built cars everything.

The body is well detailed and when you think of the time it must have taken to build it's a bargain (My daughter's favourite word as she spends ever increasing amounts of my money).

RR

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Edo.....Looks Superb, well up to Milan's very high standards.

I see it has the new chassis which is superb.

I'm sure you will be very happy with your purchase.

Regards

Alan

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fergy. It is a PCB type of material. Lazer cut to shape.

You can buy them as a chassis kit, which you just solder (or glue) together.

Really nice I have one completed one, (benath a Ford C100) and a kit one in the "projects to do" pile.

Regards

Alan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts