SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Buried deep in the TV channel list and available on most platforms is one called 'Quest' which often shows motoring programmes. The third series of a little gem started last week; 'Cars That Rock' hosted by AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson. Each week covers a different marque with Johnson driving a variety of historic vehicles and generally having a great time.

Last week it was Aston Martin and next week is Dodge. The trailer indicates that it will include a certain famous baddies' black Charger and an equally interesting orange version with a Confederate flag on the roof. Yee-Hah!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I've never watched it, but remember seeing trailers for it a few years ago. At the time I thought;- "They probably edited far more than they aired because he has difficulty stringing a sentence together without swearing several times".

Having said that, I know a couple of people who have met Brian more than once and they say he's mint when he's at home with the lads. :)

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
I saw him race a classic sports car at Brands Hatch this year, he was pretty quick, very neat, precise and consistent and obviously took it very seriously.

I heard him interviewed on Radio 2 earlier this year where he could recall in great detail all the cars his family owned when he was growing up, he obviously had an interest in the engineering of cars from a very young age.

A genuine car enthusiast and a very nice chap.

David

·
Kitbasher
4,331 Posts
Just caught up with the Aston Martin episode, well worth the time....

·
Eddie Grice
2,308 Posts
From previous series he seems to be able to cope with the old stuff as well, differing pedal layouts etc seem no problem for him.
Eddie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts