SCX- F1

LE mans

Ninco- F1

LE Mans

Thanks

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
All scalextric cars have the same motor - an 18,000 rpm Mabuchi. Ninco may vary from car to car but the most common are the NC2 and NC5, 18,100 rpm and 20,000 rpm respectively. SCX motors also tend to vary and I'm not clued up on carrera, allthough it seems to be the same Mabuchi as in Scalextric

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have the most recent SCX catalogue here, so I should be able to answer your questions.
SCX F1-motor is just called F1 and there are no RPM specs on the motor, or the internet.
SCX DTM cars have the RX-41 motor which is a 2WD, no specs are available for this either.
SCX Dome Judd cars have the RX-62C motor and the Audi R8's have the RX-41 also.
SCX Rally cars have the RX-81 which is 4WD and the 2WD rally car-Fiat Abarth has the RX-41, no specs are available for these either.
SCX Vintage Mustang has the RX-1, which also has no specs. I think they are all approximately 14/5000RPM motors though.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just found on the Web that the RX-41 motor (2WD for Le-Mans and DTM cars) has 13,500RPM and the RX-81 (For 4WD Rally cars) also has 13,500RPM. The Pro 2WD Turbo Plus has 19,000RPM and the Pro 4WD Turbo Plus 4WD has 18,000RPM. You have to buy these as no SCX car comes with these as standard except the SCX 101 Dome Judd which has the 2WD Turbo Plus. They should be very easy to fit though, I wouldn't bother because removing the motor can cause you to have problems with the lights on some cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts