SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ultra-adjustable, reliable and smooth Carsteen Slot Car Controller for sale. I have used this for both BSCRA-style racing and hard-bodied racing and it is IMO brilliant for both. Fitted with BSCRA 3-pin plug but simply adjusted for Scalextric etc.

The controller has had very little use (I am emigrating to Cyprus in the autumn, where there is no slot racing) and has been cleaned and lubricated regularly. Free post and packing, including insurance, within the UK.

Price: £120.00

PM if interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Under offer.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now sold.

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
QUOTE (BexhillSlotCars @ 14 Jun 2012, 09:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>(I am emigrating to Cyprus in the autumn, where there is no slot racing)
Not true. I know a couple of guys in Limassol with very nice setups. I'll grant you that slot racing certainly isn't popular there, as they tend to prefer R/C cars. The Scalextric importer for the island lives in Paphos, so you can get some items from stock.

In case you're wondering, I lived there for three years before moving to the UK last summer. My boys went to a multi-national school, and when I rocked up with a track for a fundraising event, only the English kids knew what it was. I still laugh about how fiercely competitive one little 6yr old Russian girl was. Man, she was keen.

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/mPMaJ6lkPfc?rel=0

·
Dave Capelen
2,768 Posts
Hi guys

I also have a slot track (not permanently set up) out in Peyia, near Coral Bay.

Am out again in September.

Cheers
Dave

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
^^^ Oh, yeah, and Dave. I keep forgetting he has a base out there, too, as we always just missed each other when he was visiting the island.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I stand corrected. We shall be living near Paphos but what I actually meant was that there was no network of slot car clubs in Cyprus, as there is in the UK.

My wife thinks at the age of 59 that I ought to be playing with other things, I suspect.

Martin

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
Oh, well, for sure there's no network of clubs. If you're going to be in Paphos, Dave's your man. You're also going to be very close to the Last Castle, which is awesome for lunch. And Sam does an absolutely divine calamari curry at Limanaki Pissouri. He's not really into slot cars much, but he spent plenty of money on mine so his little lad could have a few goes.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (stoooo @ 19 Jun 2012, 00:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh, well, for sure there's no network of clubs. If you're going to be in Paphos, Dave's your man. You're also going to be very close to the Last Castle, which is awesome for lunch. And Sam does an absolutely divine calamari curry at Limanaki Pissouri. He's not really into slot cars much, but he spent plenty of money on mine so his little lad could have a few goes.

Much obliged for the info. Only a couple of months now ... Fingers crossed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts