SlotForum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a keen collector of Formula One cars from the fifties I quite natural collect the fine Grand Prix Legends cars from Cartrix. Well known is the fact, that these cars are limited edition runs of 1,500 pieces. All have article numbers as 09xx.

But what about the very, very limited runs of cars in numbers of only 200? Identified with article numbers like 00xx.

So far I have come across the following:

0013 Ferrari 555 #5 Phantasy car (no interest)
0015 Vanwall #20 Tony Brooks/Stirling Moss, British GP 1957
0016 Lancia-Ferrari D50 #22 Eugenio Castellotti, Monaco GP 1956
0017 Mercedes-Benz W196 #12 Stirling Moss, British GP 1955
0018 Lancia-Ferrari D50 #6 Phantasy car (no interest)
0021 Aston Martin DBR4 #1 Roy Salvadori, Silverstone F1 1959
0023 Ferrari 555 #48 Piero Taruffi/Paul Frere, Monaco GP 1955

Anyone knows of any others? At least the article numbers could indicate a 0014, 0019, 0020 + 0022 car???? Not to mention 0001 to 0012......

·
Ewan McKen
1,448 Posts
0022 appears to be Talbot Lago F1 1948/1952 - Unpainted Limited Edition 200 units ForoSlot Madrid

Regards,
Ewan

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ewan - great! I will update my private list immediately. I know the mentioned Talbot-Lago, but not the black 250F. Seems to be another phantasy car, I presume?

Keep on the good work....

/Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ewan - thank you for the link. 0012 = black 250f = unfortunately yet another phantasy car.

And of course the (un-useable) Bugatti 251 in chrome/silver must have a 00xx number as well? But which?

/Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One more for the list:

0019 Aston Martin DBR4 #4 Carroll Shelby, British GP 1959

/Holger

·
Marc Abbott
1,915 Posts
Another run, which I quickly put my name down for, is a BRM, driven by Hans Herrmann. Not sure how limited this will be though. (As seen on the Spanish Forums). I have no idea what part number it will have.

Also there's talk of a Porsche 804 for later in the year... does this mean they're now going to start on the 1960s?

Unfortunately (in my opinion) the Talbot will have an FF motor, due to lack of room underneath the driver. I presume the Porsche will too, being a small 1.5 litre car.

ABBO

·
Marc Abbott
1,915 Posts
I've just on another bit that the Talbot is due for the end of April.

The Porsche.... at first I thought (because I have to use Google translator) that the Porsche was a couple of guys talking about what they'd like to see, but I was corrected later on by the forum moderator stating that it would happen later in the year. I did ask the question as to why a Porsche from the 60s, but have yet to get an answer.

ABBO

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hans Hermann in a BRM P25 is the most exiting news to me. It must be the British Racing Partnership #11 car from the German GP 1959 (his ever only race in a P25).

As I recall it, the team painted the car silver to honour their German driver at that particular race.

Now I can´t wait for the release date.....

/Holger

·
Registered
177 Posts
Look here for every GPL car Cartrix has made. There is a list by marque and product number and links to pictures at other sites and threads. The fantasy liveries are listed at the bottom in their own section. The limited cars based on a real car are listed with their normal 1500 production run bretheren. Cars 0001-0012 do not exist in any quantity. They are most likely the few pre-production mold test cars Diego has been known to give to friends, or were modern cars from his earlier stuff done in a limirted run for a customer or event. Car 0020 has been assigned, but has not come to fruition and Cartrix is not talking. 0023 was just released for the Vic Slot meet last weekend. They are starting to hit Ebay now. The Cartrix GPL Hans Hermann BRM is available to forum members who were registered prior to 18 March. Xavi did not want people joining just to reserve a car. Each member can reserve a maximum of two cars.

Some of you may find this thread entertaining.

Copy and past the links to your favorite translation page if Spanish isn't your first language.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Matt - what a great link. Thanks a lot.

As for the Hans Hermann P25 I will start saving money in the bank, since it seems to become a hard to get car..... I must rely on eBay - and the associated prices.

Or are any Spaniards reading this?

/Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
So Cartrix 0026 BRM P25 #11 Hans Herrmann from German GP 1959 is out now. Just got one from eBay.

I was wrong about the colour. This car has the standard pale green colour from British Racing Partnership. It was Herrmann´s Scuderia Centro Sud Maserati 250F #17 from German GP 1958, which was painted silver. Sorry, but that would be a car worth waiting for as well....

/Holger

1 - 18 of 18 Posts