SlotForum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cartrix have released their second w-196 Mercedes Benz of Stirling Moss #6, Great looking cars. I have put Ninco NC1 motor in both of them now, they can now run in our Grand Prix Legends race which are powered by NC1 motors, just like my scalextric Vanwall and Maserati,policar Ferrari 156 as well, they all run very smooth.

Regards Bo

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Hey Boslot,

I went off to Pendle to see if they had the car in stock and when I returned you'd removed some of the pictures. I liked them, nice shots of your other cars and layout scenery in the background.

More pics are always better than less!

The Cartrix F1s are lots of fun. I'm in the process of retro-fitting my Carrera vintage sports cars with NC-1s but hadn't thought about it for the vintage F1s.

Did you put NC-1s in the Scaley cars? They're a tad quicker than my Cartrix so might help even them up - great idea!

BTW - liked your new E type post at SCI!

Happy New Year!
Paul
Circuit TrustChrist

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
QUOTE More pics are always better than less!

More different pictures maybe, but these are all from the same angle with the same background,

remember that some people, probably most people actually, are still connected at 56kps so I would think there would be some disapointment after waiting several minutes to download.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Never underestimate the keen eye of the slot-addicted!

A few of Bo's original photos showed the Scaley pit buildings next to the Scaley control tower. I had been anxious to see this comparison because I bought the MRRC pits and was disappointed to find out that they are so short that they look out of scale next to the control tower. The ledge on the second deck of the MRRC pits is only knee high to a scale figure - total height of the two-story pit is 8.67 feet in scale.

Have been weighing going to work on the second floor with Plastruct and foam core but was curious about the height of the Scaley pits.

Perhaps a notice in the title of the post - "pics" or "56K warning" - would help mitigate the legitimate point Phil raises.

Happy New Year!
Paul
Circuit TrustChrist

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
QUOTE How does the car run on wooden layout...?

I've stuck some lead under the gear and it doesn't run too badly. It could do with some softer tyres. I might race it in the RTR class at the Bath retro meeting this weekend.

John

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Our regulations says, no lead, no nothing, just replacement of axle gear and rearwheel and reartyres.
Is it fast ex. with rubber/sponge or Ortmanns on wood ?
Im thinking of buying one.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Wow! I was never into that age of racer/racing, but those pics including the Jag and Ferraris sure make that series of racing look interesting. Thanks for posting.

Where might that silver Jag be from, Sir?

-Maltese

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Kai

We have run them on the wood/copper tape track at Liphook and they are very good in box standard form. They may be a little too fast, very "point & squirt", but are certainly fine handling cars. They are certainly better on wood than the two Hornby cars, which de-slot a little too easily.

I like the idea of fitting NC1 motors to them, that could be the ideal power unit. Are they a straight swap?

Can't wait for all the other cars from this era that Cartrix have suggested they may do.

Mr.M

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Kai

NC1 motors are a straight swap no mods needed.I will post some pics of the chassis soon.

Regards Bo

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are the pic of the chassis,I only put a small amount of weight in front of the motor and it is the fastest car in my Grand prix Legends line up so far.

Regards Bo

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
How many are they making. The first batch evaporated before too many made it to the other side of the pond! I have got the 1st one the way, but it cost me dearly with the exchange rate.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Bo, thanks for pics of Scaley pits and grandstand from you old track - just what I needed to see. Think I'll go to work on the second floor of my MRRC pits to make them more scale-accurate. I do like the lower ledge/work-table area of the bottom floor of the MRRC pits compared to Scaley.

Thanks also for the chassis pics showing the NC-1. No problem with gear mesh between the Ninco pinion and Cartrix crown?

Happy New Year!
Paul
Circuit TrustChrist

1 - 17 of 17 Posts