SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
I might be showing signs of newbie naivey here, but if there are enough fans of rtr, scratch and pre add oldies who want to get together why don't we? These cars are hardly the kind of thing for rough and tumble club racing every week, but if there are enough people who enjoy them and want to give them an outing...??

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Well then, let's see what we can come up with. My suggestion is a one-off event in 2006 that everyone can look forward to.

As a completely random suggestion I'd simply break classes down to the age of the car designs, ban all magnets and leave the competition element in the background...

Pre-war sports cars (bring out your Scaley Bentleys)
Pre-war GP cars (MacPinches and so on)
Sports cars 1950-1960 (my, there's quite a choice these days if you've got £100 to burn)
GP cars 1950-1960 (Scaley, Cartrix, MacPinches... you name it!)
GT/Sports cars 1961-1970
Scalextric Vanwalls/Maseratis (easy enough starter class)
Scalextric GT40s (ditto above)
SlotForum Proxy F1 class

Of course if it goes down well enough then maybe there'll be more of them, but rather than get into whats, ifs and maybes I'll ask around a bit first and see if we can't do something interesting first off. More to follow.

Hopefully much more!!

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
QUOTE I am taking my time as I have a particular liking for this car.

Can't fault you on that one Alfetta, I've got a lovely colour pic of the team lined up in the paddock for the European GP at Silverstone in 1950. Last of the true grandee teams - DO lets see some pix of your car before long!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts