SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
QUOTE (astro)But i'm not into cars of that era, no no no, honest...
I thought that I wasn't either until I raced the Scalextric Classics in Switzerland. Casual racing with Scott and Mr Material was quite fun. It would be good to see some clubs adopt this type of car as a series-race.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Just to clarify a point that was raised with me by a couple of members: The shops linked to from the Buy it now button all sell the car. If it's not in stock it can be ordered. They are still available.

The French shop: Univers-Scalex.com does sell to people from other European countries. Send them an email if you have a query or don't understand their shopping cart system - they do speak English.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 13 Oct 2004, 13:19)... did they race together ever?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Mercedes raced from 1954 to 1955.

In 1955 a Mercedes Benz 300SLR flew into the crowd at LeMans, killing 87 people. Mercedes Benz withdrew from motorsport due to this until 1974.

The Maserati was produced in 1952 and raced for two seasons before the rules were changed for the 1954 season. The Vanwall raced in 1957.

Basically these cars came from the same period, but didn't race together as the rules governing configuration were advancing all the time.

(edit: The Vanwall was not raced in 1961)

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
QUOTE (vfr750 @ 13 Oct 2004, 13:46)Sorry Nuro, Fangio won his 5th and last world championship in the 250F in '57, the same year that Moss was racing the Vanwall. I believe that Scaley have modelled these cars on one specific race but can't remember which at the moment.By '61 just about all GP cars were mid engined.

John
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right John, it was 1957. I was looking at the wrong car on one of the retailers sites.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I have just received the Cartrix Maserati (Preview model - not yet on sale). It is very similar to the Mercedes, but mine is slightly faster.

I'll be showing it in Wolverhampton at the Early Bird GP race this Sunday.

I still don' have a set of the Scalextric Classics so I still can't compare them. Have to remedy that soon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts