SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just wondering, I looked in the review section, and didn't see a review of the scaley vintage f1.

The cartrix review hinted at reviewing them eventually and comparing lap times.

I have the Vanwall and Mauser and run them on carrera track, they slide all over the place. The Vanwall rolls, slightly slower than the Mauser, which will deslot easily enough itself, at least it doesn't turtle.

The Cartrix arrived today, I hope to test it tonight.

Before I start tweeking these things, I would like other folks input.

I don't want to completly rebuild them, mind you. Just make them a little more well matched and easier / more enjoyable to drive. A little lead, voltage adjustment, readily available tire and magnet swaps. Not a lot of motor swapping, soldering and dremmeling.

I really want to enjoy these cars, and future releases from both manufacturers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
OK, recieved and tested the cartrix.

a. The pickup was a standard fold, not the "scx" fold as pictured in the article.
b. The car would not run, the motor couldn't turn the gears, something was bound up. Took it apart, somehow got it to turn, lubed and put back together.
c. the two screws were so over torqued, I was afraid I would strip them getting them loose.
d. All unacceptable for a $65 RTR slot car, and would really frustrate a newbie.

After quick fix, the car took off. Adjustable voltage high amp PS, PM controllers, Carrera track. Just a few laps, but way faster than the Scaley offerings. I believe the gears will work in. A joy to drive, RTR, what I hoped the scaley issue would be. I'll buy more, scaley can keep those slippery devils, no mater how good they look. The cartrix will easily out run the scaley.

Not debating the mag/non mag issue and the possibilities of adding weight, removing/replacing magnets and tires, but RTR, cars need to be enjoyable to drive OTB, not a handfull like the scaley, especially when sold as toys, and a project for the experienced adult racer/hobbiest. (and not DOA, OTB, like the cartrix).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts