SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Cartrix Mercedes and it came with a card with 9 classic grand prix cars and the W196 was one of them. Am I to take it that Cartrix will be producing the remaining 8?

Jay

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Hopefully we'll see : Alfa 157; BRM 25; Gordini T2; Lancia D50; Ferrari 555; Talbot Lago; Maserati 250F; Vanwall 1958.

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Jay

Have you tried these Cartrix F1's without a magnet?......How do they perform?.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alan,

I purchased it from your side of the pond and it just came in today. Once I've had a chance to run it I'll let you know.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The order it's not known, but expect the Maserati 250F, being the first, and soon. The Stirling Moss W196 English GP winner will be there soon after. All are planned and will come.

G

·
QUOTE Have you tried these Cartrix F1's without a magnet?......How do they perform?

Very well, much better than the Maserati, Vanwall Scalextric cars.

Tested my car on my Ninco track and it went really well sliding the rear end out was not at all difficult with a gentle flick in the corner while increase the power all the way out making the car slide and eventually wheel spinning down the straight!

Gluing the motor in is a big plus and a light sanding of the tryes, oil all the relevant moving parts and you will have hours of fun perfecting the power slid!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Interesting to hear a comparison with the Scalextric Maser and Vanwall. To clarify is it a close race or does the Cartrix run away and hide?

My Mercedes is still looking for a race partner. Will I be better off waiting for the next Cartrix model?

G

·
QUOTE Interesting to hear a comparison with the Scalextric Maser and Vanwall. To clarify is it a close race or does the Cartrix run away and hide?

The Scalextric Maser is better than the Vanwall (without magnets) but the Cartrix Mercedes is better over the lap, a little bit slower down the straight but you can make anything go fast in a straight line, which doesn't mean a thing really. The Mercedes just is an awsome car can't wait for the rest to arrive. Hope Cartrix brings out more than one car a year.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with Domejuddv10. The Cartrix is superior on the track to the Maserati and Vanwall without magnets. I suspect that most of the difference lies in weight displacement, since the scaleys motors are in the front and the Cartrix's is in the rear, and tire width. The Scaley's are certainly smoother, quieter, better detailed, basically just more refined, but that doesn't take away the appeal for me for the Cartrix because it certainly looks nice. With some well placed weight and a little tire tweaking, I bet these three would make great running partners. I just hope they keep them coming.

·
Jim Moyes
5,020 Posts
We've been running our always popular "pre 60 GP" class at Liphook again recently with the addition of the new Hornby and Cartrix cars. The class was always dominated by the old Power & Glory BRMs but they are now struggling to keep with the Cartrix Merc! When I first held the Merc in my hand I couldn't believe how light it felt, but on the track it is well "planted" and just doesn't de-slot easily, unlike the Hornby Maser! The "pod" was really worthwhile, wasn't it?

I too am really hoping we don't have to wait too long for more of those promised Cartrix cars.

Mr.M

1 - 10 of 10 Posts