SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
I mailed Cartrix because I'm all a fidget on this one and wanted to know their timetable. Here's their reply;

QUOTE Dear Sir,

We inform you that 1/32 Honda NSX delivery time is delayed until 20 October
Only one item and color will be ready for the first issue: Ref 0402 Test
Car, in black. .
Since today, we accept distributors orders for delivery 20 October 2003.
After, if possible, a new edition each 2 months, until 6 different editions.

About the others rally and F1 Classic projects we are working without pause
but we are in delay and don't have precise new issue date at the moment....

So it's late October for all you JGTC fans (English language tab top right).

Time for me to contact Sean methinks....

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Good news Wankel

I will wait for a Race Livery I think but one is definately on my 'wants' list.

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was another time, another place Billy Bob but yes, I was suspicious of your claimed knowledge.

Was is the deal there then? Cartrix shipping these tings downunder for some extreme weather testing or what?

Talking of extreme weather, I watched the V8s from Sandown Raceway a couple of nights ago, hail came down so hard the boys were sliding all over the shot!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Ok guys..

Here is a little scoop pic of the prototype NSX we are talking about here.
Detailing looks great! I haven't really been a fan of Cartrix till very recently, their aftermarket stuff is cool too.

Courtesy of Sean at Pendles.

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cough, splutter, cough!

Where on his site is that???

·
Registered
329 Posts
Dude, that rocks!

I want, I want, I want!

The detailing does indeed look very nice and I'll quite happily have a plain black one thankyou very much.

Cheers,

slik.

·
Registered
67 Posts
so many awesome cars... would love to have all six. Might have to wait and see them all then narrow it to two. Hate to think about it but its a necessary evil!

I really need to win the lottery...

·
Registered
94 Posts
G'day Guys,

Wankel, you old cynic, not trusting the word of a fellow slottie

To be honest I didn't know about the initial black only colour run, all I know is that a full track test will be forthcoming shortly. I am very keen to try out the NSX as my ''secret squirrel'' connection at Cartrix (Code DR, Wankel), assures me that this one offers ''superb on-track performance''.

It should be a revelation for GT class club racing, especially when you see the performance the Cartrix Hyundai ''Maxi-tuning'' is capable of (refer Home Racing World review archives or Rob's reviews on the Millennium Raceway website).

I make no secret that I am a Cartrix devotee, they make good, reliable products aimed directly at the ''performance'' end of the 1/32 market. Cartrix are only a small ''player'' in the the overall 1/32 market, but the company undertakes projects with Gusto, this is what I love most about CARTRIX..........

Mmm, Sandown, that was a race and a half wasn't it. Good to see Skaifey come through, it's a bit of of a pity my favourite Marcus Ambrose was yolked with well how do you say it nicely, A SILLY MAN........ And yes the weather has been bloody weird down here lately, coldest winter in years, 2nd day of Spring and 32 degrees celcius+, out of the freezer into the oven

Best Wishes,

Rob Wessling.

MILLENNIUM RACEWAY Slot Racing at Darling Downs, Q.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
If the new ones perform anything like the reviews I read on the Hyundai, then the NSX will be a smash hit.

The only thing 'wrong' with the Hyundai, as far as I could tell, was the boring 'anonimity' of the original. But that kind of performance, combined with NSX's trouser tightening good looks is a recipe for sure-fire success.

·
Registered
94 Posts
G'day Guys,

I know Tropi, a Hyundai, any Hyundai 1/32 or 1:1 for that matter is a little hard to get steamed up over, BUT man does that Maxi-tuning HAMMER!

Since the original article we've clocked up some serious laps with it, everyone at club (of all skill levels) have jumped in and given the poor thing a thrashing. It's taken the beating well, still putting in the same lap times as when tested. The finish etc. is also still great, a few scuff marks on the bumpers, but nothing that wouldn't buff out with a little TLC.

The NSX will ''fit'' a lot better with most club racing scenes, being able to fit into GT type classes. The poor old Hyundai though is a little hard to pigeon hole, although I think it will be fun to take it down to the club scene in Brisbane and see some of the expressions when it gets going!

Better scoot,

Best Wishes,

Rob Wessling.

·
Matt Tucker
3,550 Posts
Are Catrix producing the NSX in a hotted up version - seems to be a flavour at the mo with SCX, Vanquish, etc. producing hot versions. If they do and its a race livery I'll have to get my hands on one.

Rob - do you get them in Oz earlier or is it just you. Also are they significantly cheaper from Oz compared to Euroland e.g like SCX cars.

cheers
Tuck

·
Registered
94 Posts
G'day Matt,

Regarding a Cartrix ''Up-spec'' NSX, like the SCX Dome-Judd etc. How do
I say this without upsetting other manufacturers......

Let me first state that although our club raceway stock and recommend Cartrix products, my personal 1/32 collection covers just about every brand/type currently available. I love just about all of them for one reason or another, with very few ''dogs'' amongst them. As enthusiasts go, we 1/32 slotties ARE really being spoilt for choice and quality, it really is a great time to be involved in this great hobby.

The SCX Dome-Judd appears to be a pro-active move by SCX to cater for the needs of the die-hard enthusiast. In stock form I think most of us will agree that SCX are a little ''wanting'' in the performance side of things. Full marks to SCX for addressing the shortcomings for the enthusiast, I for one will be adding a Dome-Judd to our family's collection.

Having said this to demonstrate that I'm not ''one-eyed'' about brand loyalty (and also to head off any mis-understandings, as I'm a sensitive sort of guy!), I've got to say Matt, the Cartrix NSX will be ''The real deal'' right out of the box

Cartrix are a small company, dedicated to the PERFORMANCE side of our hobby, their main business is actually the parts side of things, but they are commited to adding one new 1/32 car per year to their line up. Every new model released is meant to be an ''evolution'' in performance when compared to the previous year's release. As such, I anticipate the NSX will offer enthusiasts a little more than the current Hyundai ''Maxi-Tuning''. Believe me when I say that the Cartrix NSX WILL run with the best, it WILL be built to a high standard in stock form.......

No, we don't get them in Oz any earlier than the rest of the world, Cartrix has a policy of treating all distributors the same. In reality you'll probably get them in the old dart two or so weeks earlier than we do in OZ (due to shipping times). I am getting a ''pre-production'' model sent out from Cartrix though, in order to test and review (as per the ''Maxi-Tuning'').

Cost, don't know, haven't got a firm price yet, but should know more shortly. Matt, the SCX thing in OZ is a bit of an oddity, in Toy stores they sell for $50.00 AUD, on the internet subsequently less, I don't know what to make of it really.

I always suggest that enthusiasts should look towards their local stockists first, as these guys are the ones you go to if you're in a ''bind'' (broken parts, or needing stuff ASAP).

Best Wishes,

Rob Wessling.

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Rob,
I hope you are wrong about the one car a year thing. I remember hearing a 2003/2004 planned schedule suggested that included about 6 or 8 50's GP cars plus a TR4, and Stilo and Corsa rally cars as well as the upcoming Honda. In fact I believe a pre prod prototype of a MB W196 was on display at Nurenburg earlier this year. Did sound a bit ambitious though, but we can always hope!

Cheers Mr.M

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
Ah, ha!

Let's check this Aussie's credentials and see if he knows any more juicy snippets.

It would seem that Mr M is not short of the mark

And is that a Mosler I see before me?

Any gossip Billy?

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE Any gossip Billy?

Billy? who the hell is Billy ??

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aw.

Tush sib, you Swiss strumpet. Can't a guy can make an honest mistake every now and then?

Apologies to Bilby (I thought it sounded more US than OZ!).

·
Registered
94 Posts
G'day Guys,

No worries Wankel, when I initially registered I wanted Billy Bob (we live in the hillbilly/hick part of Queensland, come to think of it, that could describe Queensland as a whole!), but it was taken. A Bilby is a small marsupial type animal, our indigenous version of a rabbit (looks more like a scrawny rat to my eyes though....).

Now, Wankel my good friend has cast the Chicken intestines/tea leaves before me (via the link) to divine the future for CARTRIX regarding upcoming releases.........MMMmmm, very interesting, I see, I see........

........Nothing except the CARTRIX NSX

I honestly don't know what will be coming out next year, I HOPE it will be the Triumph TR4 or Opel Corsa (We call them Holden Barina's over here).

Guys, I know Cartrix has released these pics to the slot car community, BUT the philosophy/marketing strategy as explained to me indicates there will only be one new release per year. Cartrix is a relative newcomer to the 1/32 manufacturing scene, small but innovative, aiming their product range fairly and squarely at the enthusiast. Their primary focus at present is the parts side of the business, I believe they plan to ease into the RTR car side as the business grows (as has been the case to present).

Guy's my suggestion is this, Cartrix LISTENS to it's customers, they are very forthright in this, they WILL listen to your suggestions, they WILL reply, we are not a grey mass of consumerism to them..............let them know your thoughts, needs and wants, let them know what would be a good model to release next.

Wankel my bride ported brother (we own a series 3 limited), write to Cartrix and say, hey I think a series 5 RX-7 would be a great subject for a Cartrix model. This is how we initially got involved with Cartrix (well that and a Z3 and Boxster that I couldn't believe the performance of). I sent an e-mail to Cartrix asking if they had thought of making a series 1-3 RX-7, reply, no, only because they are busy with other projects (as your link shows). But, as the company grows, they will look for more subjects to base models on, if they get enough feedback from us, they will produce what we the consumer want.

Ooohh, another sermon to the bretheren, sorry guys, I do tend to waffle on a bit

Anymore of this and I'll be known as the ''Moped'' of Cartrix............

Honest, I do love other brands of slot cars as well

Best Wishes,

Rob Wessling.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts