SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,676 Posts
So, I was delighted at the release of a car from the mighty JGTC series but now...

Firstly, the fit of the chassis to the body was poor (due in part to only having two inline body screws), the body sat at a jaunty angle, a rear tyre rubbed and I had to fit some spacing plastic between body and chassis at the rear screw hole.

Secondly, both rear wheels came loose after less than 20-25 bedding in laps.

So I glued 'em on.

Now, after no more than 50 laps max, one of the locating lugs for a rear axle bush has broken.

Granted, our bumpy track is bumpier than most and this might give a wagon a harder ride than most. But all the same....

I mean, I doubtless buy another livery when they show but I wonder what problems, if any, others have found with this model.

Answers on a postcard to....

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
Well, my "Takata" NSX is completely the opposite. A real joy to race, and that from somebody who is not a great strong magnet fan. I have not had any of the problems that you have mentioned. Therefore I will level the score to "deuce"

M

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I have a white one that was given to me in Nürnberg by Cartrix owner, along with a new faster motor of theirs to review.

I have to also say that, apart from having aluminium wheels, it is one of the fastest and best handling magnet cars I have.
It has been off the track and onto the concrete floor more than once and is still in one piece.

15 - 30 ?

I ought to review this car also maybe, no one has pointed out the really great self centering system they use ?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wankel Ickx, I'm afraid that was bad luck. All the spanish people who have it agree to be a (more or less) good car. Many of the pro's have been already cited here. Maybe the main drawback is that new Cartrix motor, TX5 Genius failed after several hours, in a 6hr non-magnetic race only one motor finished as it started, all others missed electric brake, top speed or whatever. On the other side, it's a GOOD motor: electronic brake, top speed, dual shaft, open case...

·
Premium Member
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, sorry. I think probably Cartrix get the first set.

Second set begins when I try out another NSX livery.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Currently, I think that the UK Cartrix NSXs have the TX-4 motor in them (mine does anyway). The car is quite driveable, but a bit noisy - more toothpaste on the gears methinks!

250GTO warned me about gluing the rear wheels on.

Yes the self centring method is better than the Scaley one on the Indy cars - that's far too strong!

Mark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.