SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Cartrix W196 and was surprised to see eight other front engined F1 cars from the 1950s advertised on the inside box cardboard. Do you guys know any more about this? My search results turned up nothing. Thanks, Bob

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Hi Bob,

A couple of years ago Cartrix announced very grand plans of a whole load of future releases, the cars on the flyer in with the W196, a TR4, and some modern stuff, like Corsa and Stilo rally cars. They did qualify this by saying it was a 2/3 year "forecast", but I feel at the rate they have been released, even that was a tad ambitious!

One of our Australian members, who is friendly with the Cartrix management, suggested that we may only get one "new" car every year
I don't know if I can wait that long!

I have also heard that Cartrix do some designing for other Spanish manufacturers, so that may also explain the delay.

I held the Merc in my hands for the first time last night, it's very light, but I think the wider track and tyres will make it more than a match for the recent Hornby cars. Non-mag, of course!

Hopefully mine is sitting at Barcelona airport in Ecurie Ecosse's hand luggage as I type this

Mr.M

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Mr Material UK @ 1 Oct 2004, 08:53)Hi Bob,

A couple of years ago Cartrix announced very grand plans of a whole load of future releases, the cars on the flyer in with the W196, a TR4, and some modern stuff, like Corsa and Stilo rally cars. They did qualify this by saying it was a 2/3 year "forecast", but I feel at the rate they have been released, even that was a tad ambitious!

One of our Australian members, who is friendly with the Cartrix management, suggested that we may only get one "new" car every year
I don't know if I can wait that long!

I have also heard that Cartrix do some designing for other Spanish manufacturers, so that may also explain the delay.

I held the Merc in my hands for the first time last night, it's very light, but I think the wider track and tyres will make it more than a match for the recent Hornby cars. Non-mag, of course!

Hopefully mine is sitting at Barcelona airport in Ecurie Ecosse's hand luggage as I type this

Mr.M
Thanks Mr. M

Very useful; it does seem awhile to wait doesn't it? But wait I will. Bob

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I got to try the 196 and saw the list. I sure hope they continue with the '50s GP car series and the GT series which includes the NSX. I just got an NSX and it is impressive, seems they upgraded it since initial release. Mine has different wheels (6 spoke) and a TX5 motor (27K), which differ from the car I've seen reviewed elsewhere. Even with the sticky tires, it is a handful without mags. The 196 was very nice and light, with a milder but still snappy motor. Shame they are hard to get in the US now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts