SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
I picked one of these up last week from Jim at slot tech £15 not a bad car ,ran quite well out of the box but a bit slow due to the motor but certainly a cheap starting poin for any one wanting a porsche challenge car .A good point about this car is the reversable motor mount ,Take out the cartronics motor and snap in a scaley or turn it the other way and fit a 35k red can take your choice ,me Ive gone down the stinger route and it seems ok

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have one of the Kremers also graham. I am currently repainting it and setting it up for use in our next race series. It is using a rabbit S-can motor and Fly viper wheels.
Will post a pic when completed.

I also purchased the McLaren F1 GTR longtail they do, the body was used on Dad's Proxy car last year.

·
Jim Moyes
5,077 Posts
Cartronic!! Now there's a real slot car enigma (I think that's the right word-I know it's not enema)!

I remember gnnn years ago at an NSCC swappie at Bishops Stortford, Steve DeHavilland having these on his table. As far as I am aware they had come straight to the market with 8 different models (4 pairs of racing partners- the memory is hazy- Gullwing Merc and Ferrari 250GTO, Long tailed McLaren and the above-mentioned Kremer Porsche and possibly a pair of DTMs and a pair of current F1s) but then they almost disappeared.

I remember looking at the Merc and Ferrari with interest - this was before the Pink Kar had been available- yet didn't buy them. They weren't great models but as the alternative at the time was 30 year old Revells, I thought they may have been better received.

Grah, I assume yours was secondhand or old stock from somewhere. I didn't know about the reversible motor mount, sounds clever.

The really interesting thing I would like to know, is that if we are to believe the fantastic amounts of money that are supposedly required to bring a new model to manufacture, who on earth swallowed the pill for bringing 8 at once with virtually no success?

Mr.M

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE if we are to believe the fantastic amounts of money that are supposedly required to bring a new model to manufacture . . .
I don't believe and this tends to support the view that some figure are probably grossly exaggerated.

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE Graham.....You're welcome to mine if you want another one

Send it up Alan I'll set it up and send it back you might be surprised

Mr M , sean still had some of these in at pendle at the same price last time I was over

1 - 7 of 7 Posts