SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi Rob
My cars normally turn out that way anyway
.and i seem to remember someone at the weekend racing a pontiac bonneville that had ill fitting panels and dents all over it

cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi Da vid
lovely story about the foxes ,lovely car
if you are doing a resin I.ll have one off you
saw the great jim clark win a race at crystal palace in 1964 with the normand racing lotus 23 ,been one of my fave sports racers ever since
cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
hi guys
I think we mould makers and carvers tean to beat ourselves up a bit sometimes and we have been over this scenario before
production race cars are not all the same ,even out of the factory ,let alone after the various teams racing them have tuned them, ask mike kerr about this if you want proof .
all you can do is make a generic model of the prototype ,and put up with it nor being accurate for a perticular race ,OR make a modle of the car that appeared for a particular race
they are the only options you,ve got
it woudn,t surprise me if more than one set of moulds were used on this car (there were 131 made )and they came in at least two iterations of it 23 and 23b
it was also raced over about 5 seasons ,and is now being raced in historic with probably yet another set of moulds replacing crashed damaged body work
so do your best and i am sure that the results will be fine
i,ve seen both of your modelling efforts and they have all been fine in my book
keep calm and keep carving !

cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
hi john
I take all those points on board as they are the very things i do and enjoy myself
but i am sure that if you grasped the nettles and actually produced some from your mould ,folk would be very happy with them as they would not see the imperfections that you as the creator are aware of .
Know ing the quality of your work ,i would be well pleased with one

cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi John and dave
sorry if my comments seemed like criticism as i was only trying to stop your percieved mental turmoil over the quality of your work
so i,ll shut up now ,but finish with the point that ,before any of us worry about making the perfect model ,let us consider that with the production standards of the day ,probably not many of the cars turned out from lotus, cooper ,lola etc probably wern,t that perfect either

cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Keep carving boys ,at 35p a go it seems a shame not to!

Cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
well i can
Whats that running between the two outlet ducts low down
I think thats a lip ,not a spoiler ,just a lip

Cheers tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.