SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Remember these? CAT bodies were originally made by Trevor Crout - of GT Models fame - in the early to mid 80s. I think they were exclusively available through 1-O-1 Products.

Well, Brian Saunders of BSlotcar Performance (BSP) has some listed on his website. I'm not sure which of the bodies are new shells and which are 're-pops' from the original moulds -- Brian's away racing 1:1 cars at Sepang at the moment, so I can't ask him -- nor whether they are 'scale' bodies.

The following are listed:-

1/32
Porsche 962
Mazda 323
VW Carmen Ghia
Jaguar XJR15
Jaguar Mk10 Saloon
Spyder
Ferrari 312P
Silverbird
Sunoco Porsche
Ford Mk. II
Chevolet Camaro

HO
Porsche 917
Porsche 908

1/24
Ford Honker Holman Moody
Ferrari 330 P4
Marcos Mantis

Also, for anyone using the small "Beardog" and Carrera "Go" motors, BSP has 1.5mm bore pinions 6T, 7T and 8T pinions in both 64 and 80 pitch. They also have 3/32" axle 30T 64DP and 38T 80DP gears. Ideal for 60's Grand Prix cars!

Kind regards

Russell

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Hi Russell
I recently saw some of the CAT bodies that have been homologated for use in BSCRA, i think they are all from the original mould but some have been modified to have the rear wing "all in one" rather than the original seperate fitted item and i think the 917-30 is one of them. A few months ago i saw an early pull of the 1/24 Ferrari 330P4 which i assume is as the original 60's GT models body, it looked pretty good and should make a great addition for the retro racers among us.
[oneofwos]

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I'm ready and raring to go with my Betta P4- that looks good to me, John!
Since Al 'BWA' Penrose sent me a 1/32 Lancer P4 I'm in Ferrari heaven. Will go nicely on the shelf with the Kyosho R/C version (1/12th ??).
And thanks for the HO motor tips, Russell. It was your post of several months ago that alerted me to the possibilities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts