SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Following Zipp's idea of using copper tape on scalextric track to improve connectivity, I took the plunge and coppered the track. See the original thread here.

Here are some pictures of my track now it has it's new copper coating:

(for more images of the track before it was copper taped, click on the picture in my sig to visit the gallery)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ummm yeah, as I said - this is how the track looks after hugs & I coppered it

The copper has made a huge difference, a huge thanks go to Zipp and the other pioneers on that thread for prompting me to copy them. No weak spots, and more power than when I first put up the track!

The boat is used to rescue cars that crash during heavy rain.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well - he does think im mean for not allowing him to knock down the wall between the garage and the house, and replace the stairs with a lift, so he can extend the track.....

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
I forgot how nice your track is Hugs. Just was looking at the pics. I do like the overhead shot of the whole track. May I ask the overall size of the table? I like the idea of room on the perimeter for some landscaping. So many tracks seem to run along the edge.

Interesting how some of the figures seem to be available worldwide. The Homies, ATV's, VW vans etc. I have some of the same stuff.

I also noted your helicopter and no place to make a proper helipad so far. I recently built a copter as well and it is sitting on a grassy spot. Now I do not have an ark to rescue drivers during the downpours.

I may try the copper tape as well even though I do not seem to be having any problems. I am planning on redoing my track this summer.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments

Rooty - as you may know, I am a big fan of magnet racing, and I am pleased to let you know that the copper tape did not alter the magnetism of the track at all.

Black3sr - as Hugs is at work - I'll try to answer the question. The table is 5' 6" x 12' 6".

·
Registered
232 Posts
QUOTE (Black3sr @ 10 Apr 2007, 08:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I forgot how nice your track is Hugs. Just was looking at the pics. I do like the overhead shot of the whole track. May I ask the overall size of the table? I like the idea of room on the perimeter for some landscaping. So many tracks seem to run along the edge.

The track is as large as is physically possible to fit in a single garage without knocking any walls down and still allowing me access to the freezer and lawn mower!

·
Administrator
10,494 Posts
Gosh Astro makes Hugs cut the grass as well as fixing the tracks, cleaning the dining table after he has been playing on it, typing up his manuscripts, racing when he needs someone to thrash, etc etc. Truly Hugs must be the ideal companion for all slotters in the world....

In case you havent got the picture yet - I'm really jealous!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.