SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Challenger race system and love it. It's a blast. But I have noticed that the car overheats (and consequently stops running for a while) quite quickly. Like after about two 25 lap races. Is this normal? Is there any way to cool this car down?

·
DT
5,195 Posts
I use my Challenger all the time as a pace car and it has never overheated.

In the first week of using it, the front lights (silver things) fell out - actually they were bashed out as the Challenger doesn't stop when there is a victim on the track.

I glued them back in, but perhaps you could remove them leaving ventilation holes in the front. It might help, but it might allow dust in and spoil the workings...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alan -

I've got a 45' Ninco track with two individual Ninco wall wart power transformers. I just got a Trakmate which I have not yet hooked up. I hope to do so yet this weekend. Maybe it will make a differance. We'll see.

DJ

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the same problem, one 25 laps race and it's time out, I am using two scaley wall warts. The track is 25m so it looks like I will never get a 50 lap race

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
i haven't got a Challenger (yet), but a suggestion anyway:- Try doing 25 laps and then feeling how hot the motor is on a comparable car to challenger driven by your good selves. If a normal slot car gets hot, then maybe challenger is still "doing its job"?

Mark.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
difflock, if you want to have a go and your at the porsche challenge I'll lend you my challenger the one you saw at wrexham in january.

not had too many problems although 50 laps at wrexham does take it's toll

Rob.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am glad to report that after hooking up my new Trakmate variable power supply, the Challenger ran five 25 lap races in a row without overheating the car (set at about 14v). I presume therefore, that the 2 Ninco wall warts were just giving it too much juice. Whatever the cause was, we're havin' fun now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts