SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Oh, and I meant to add about the Powersledge permitted permutations... none! Standard cars please, no modifications beyond replacing tyres - with rubber or urethane of course.

Richard

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
OK thanks Richard.
Does this include the guide as well, i.e. standard depth?
Should that be urethane tyres only as per the other classes as announced in the first post?
Mark

·
Registered
96 Posts
Jean-Mi spoke to me at clubnight in Confolens yesterday after I queried the decision on CSRC's Facebook page. He apologised for having forgotten that club members agreed on the 2022 format days after the 2021 event at which point I started this thread. The reason he gave was that he thinks it is difficult to police the Revell entries. I don't agree but the boss is always the boss even if the boss isn"t always right! We can always lobby for the return of the Revells in future during this year's event.

I jogged the memories about the other things agreed e.g. part laps to count so we need to mark up the track, Thingie original chassis - these are still on.

Ian I suggest your first port of call for vintage stuff you haven't got is me and my barn full of old slot cars and parts, far more than I am ever likely to refurbish. I personally wince at the expense and possible hassle of eBay delivery and import from the USA and even the UK now post-Brexit.

Richard
Richard - your on ! I will send you a list by email - thanks.
( Incidentally I have just been invited to be president of the "more money than sense club" following all my recent ebay purchases !)

I do understand JM's view. Its just such a shame because everyone seems to have these cars and the racing was close. It would be great if we could persuade him to bring them back for 23, or have a 7th race at the 23 event.

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a Scalextric Powersldge? Next question, can you point me in the direction of the rules and cars specs please? I have family living in the Lot which is not too far away and so I could possibly make it part of a week or two’s break for myself and Mme Longdog

·
Eddie Grice
2,376 Posts
For the Powersludges see post #5 here :-

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
OK thanks Richard.
Does this include the guide as well, i.e. standard depth?
Should that be urethane tyres only as per the other classes as announced in the first post?
Mark
Mark, yes standard guide too. And yes again, no silicone tyres in any of the classes.

'Longdog' there is also an article in SLOT magazine No. 43, Jan/Feb 2021, on the previous year's event.

Richard

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Thanks Richard...but now I am confused!

First post states:
3) All classes: Rubber tyres (urethane) only. No silicones, sponge etc. I can hear the cross-Channel cheers from here! Much debated and requested in the two years so far, we'll try to level the playing field for 2022.

Your comment on the Powersludge cars:
“no modifications beyond replacing tyres - with rubber or urethane of course.”

So...is it urethane tyres only, which are not rubber but a form of plastic, or can we use rubber tyres as well, e.g NSR, Slot it etc. I hope I am not being too pedantic, but there is a big difference to me at least! Rubber tyres will no doubt get treated with various oils and potions so can impact the urethane tyres. If it is urethane only then it really would be a level playing field.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Mark, when we at CSRC debriefed after the 2021 event the thinking was "no silicone" tyres. I for one didn't consider that racers may choose to treat rubber with evil brews. I believe that any liquids that mark the track are not allowed; that is the general rule over here - "no moo" as they say in Bordeaux. Jean-Mi and Bruno will need to agree so I will get back to you.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Mark et al,

Rubber tyres are allowed as well as urethane, but must be dry and not treated with any liquids. Scotch (sticky tape) on a board is provided to clean your tyres after a race warm up.

Bruno made the point that what we are trying to achieve is a clean track for the driver in your lane in the following race. Hence silicone glaze etc. that is going to affect grip is interdit.

Next question...?!

Richard

·
Registered
4 Posts
8e edition Confolens Classic 2022, sur la piste 'Monstre Vert' de Champagne Mouton

View attachment 283367

Date: Saturday & Sunday 24 & 25 September 2022
Venue
: Les Terrieres, off Rue Jules Ferry (the D36), 16350 Champagne Mouton, Charente, France.
Contacts: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
website for Confolens Slot Racing Club: Log In or Sign Up to View

Classic slot car racing for cars and parts manufactured before 1970

Saturday: 1/32 scale

1) Revell race: 'first generation' kits and RTRs, SP500 motor.
2) Scratchbuilds race.
3) Scalextric Endurance, drivers paired, for Sports/GT cars cat. no. C15 etc.

Sunday: 1/24 scale
1) Sports/GT production race: commercial hard body RTRs and kits.
2) 'Thingies' race: commercial RTRs.
3) Scratchbuilds race.

In other words the classes are unchanged from 2021. There are, however, refinements, without changing the ambiance.

Overall:

1) Part laps to count. We shall be dividing the lanes into 100 parts and painting on the divisions! Parts to be counted at the end of each 6-heat race. This avoids both the frustration of finishing just behind the lap counter but getting no credit, and the high number of ties between competitors seen this year because only whole laps counted.

2) Extra point awarded to those driving their own car. It was so in 2020 but seemingly overlooked in 2021. This is to encourage competitors to find and fettle their own 1960s slot cars. The Confolens Classic ambiance means, though, that loan cars will still be available through experiened vintage racers' generosity.

3) Number of competitors: limited to 30. To enable racing to finish at a reasonable time Sunday afternoon for those with a long distance to travel. And so we all get fed Saturday evening!

Race classes:

1) 1:32 Revell: Original equipment wheel hubs only. This is to control rear tyre width.

2) 1:24 Thingies: Original equipment chassis only. Thingies are effectively another commercial production class, not a race for scratchbuilds.

3) All classes: Rubber tyres (urethane) only. No silicones, sponge etc. I can hear the cross-Channel cheers from here! Much debated and requested in the two years so far, we'll try to level the playing field for 2022.

Pictures, reports, technical details, debates and opinions in English for the two previous yearly events at Champagne Mouton are here on the Forum, under 'Events' and 'Vintage & Collector's Corner'.

See you here in 2022!
Richard
, for Confolens SRC.
8e edition Confolens Classic 2022, sur la piste 'Monstre Vert' de Champagne Mouton

View attachment 283367

Date: Saturday & Sunday 24 & 25 September 2022
Venue
: Les Terrieres, off Rue Jules Ferry (the D36), 16350 Champagne Mouton, Charente, France.
Contacts: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
website for Confolens Slot Racing Club: Log In or Sign Up to View

Classic slot car racing for cars and parts manufactured before 1970

Saturday: 1/32 scale

1) Revell race: 'first generation' kits and RTRs, SP500 motor.
2) Scratchbuilds race.
3) Scalextric Endurance, drivers paired, for Sports/GT cars cat. no. C15 etc.

Sunday: 1/24 scale
1) Sports/GT production race: commercial hard body RTRs and kits.
2) 'Thingies' race: commercial RTRs.
3) Scratchbuilds race.

In other words the classes are unchanged from 2021. There are, however, refinements, without changing the ambiance.

Overall:

1) Part laps to count. We shall be dividing the lanes into 100 parts and painting on the divisions! Parts to be counted at the end of each 6-heat race. This avoids both the frustration of finishing just behind the lap counter but getting no credit, and the high number of ties between competitors seen this year because only whole laps counted.

2) Extra point awarded to those driving their own car. It was so in 2020 but seemingly overlooked in 2021. This is to encourage competitors to find and fettle their own 1960s slot cars. The Confolens Classic ambiance means, though, that loan cars will still be available through experiened vintage racers' generosity.

3) Number of competitors: limited to 30. To enable racing to finish at a reasonable time Sunday afternoon for those with a long distance to travel. And so we all get fed Saturday evening!

Race classes:

1) 1:32 Revell: Original equipment wheel hubs only. This is to control rear tyre width.

2) 1:24 Thingies: Original equipment chassis only. Thingies are effectively another commercial production class, not a race for scratchbuilds.

Pictures, reports, technical details, debates and opinions in English for the two previous yearly events at Champagne Mouton are here on the Forum, under 'Events' and 'Vintage & Collector's Corner'.

See you here in 2022!
Richard
, for Confolens SRC.
hi richard . there's is a lot of probleme with your publication . i know you want to help me as possible but you write décisions and régulations without my agreement : drivers who wants to be at CONFOLENS CLASSIC must contact me and not bruno or someone else . every body can have my phone , email and contacts with facebook page and the only official way to suscribe to the meeting is to contact me . you have write the programm of the meeting without consulting me and there's a lot of errors :this year is without endurance scalextric race and i never said urethane only and no silicones . i've send the temporary program on facebook ( confolens slot racing club) and it's the only official program . i'm sure again that you want to help me as you can but please don't write something before me . all modifications on this forum page make no serious for the club . i hope you understand me . jean- michel

·
Kitbasher
4,565 Posts
Jean Michel, good evening.
I have made a lot of arrangements and commitments to this event including accommodation and, some new cars.
Can you please post a DEFINITIVE set of car classes and rules/regulations, in English if possible, so that I can make a final decision on attending?
I don't know what your problem is with Richard but this post is very upsetting.
Thank you
Peter

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Jean-Mi's post came as a surprise to me.

This will be sorted as soon as possible, although I know from a text yesterday that J-M will not be at clubnight in Confolens this evening.

Richard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jean Michel, good evening.
I have made a lot of arrangements and commitments to this event including accommodation and, some new cars.
Can you please post a DEFINITIVE set of car classes and rules/regulations, in English if possible, so that I can make a final decision on attending?
I don't know what your problem is with Richard but this post is very upsetting.
Thank you
Peter
hi peter
there's no problem between richard and me ( i hope) !! we are friends but he write some rules on this site without my agreement and before consulting me . i've write this on my post and i 've said : i'm sure you want to help me : i think it's respectable from me and for him . that's not a problem if richard give you information on this site but AFTER HE 'S SURE OF THE RULES THAN HE CAN SEE ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE . that's the only problem ........ if you want all the rules and régulations , you can see that on FACEBOOK PAGE : CONFOLENS SLOT RACING CLUB
thanks for your post and i hope i've answer to your message cordialy
have a good day . jean-michel

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi peter
there's no problem between richard and me ( i hope) !! we are friends but he write some rules on this site without my agreement and before consulting me . i've write this on my post and i 've said : i'm sure you want to help me : i think it's respectable from me and for him . that's not a problem if richard give you information on this site but AFTER HE 'S SURE OF THE RULES THAN HE CAN SEE ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE . that's the only problem ........ if you want all the rules and régulations , you can see that on FACEBOOK PAGE : CONFOLENS SLOT RACING CLUB
thanks for your post and i hope i've answer to your message cordialy
have a good day . jean-michel
hi peter again
i write on facebook programm of the event is "provisoire" cause it's depending of the numbers of drivers who came this week end . if there's to much drivers maybe we must delete one race ( probably power sledge) . for the rest , all is définitiv .......
jean-michel

21 - 40 of 103 Posts