SlotForum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
A suggestion was made last Tuesday that all racing should be on Tuesdays from now on.
Steve, Keith and myself have no problem with this, but all parties need to be consulted.
Racing this week will still be on Monday (bank holiday) Let me know if you can make it. We will discuss the change of night then.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I will email Steve, how often does he check his mail?

Lets make it tomorrow so we can have enough peeps to make it worth while then.
Cars... last time of the ones on the website.

New classes are......
Any Carrera classic
Ninco 4wd rally
and some others

Anyone remember them?

please add to help out the hard of thinking.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
So we're going to have racing on a handicap basis now then?
We are racing on par Pete, Keith and Steve are 1-10, Alan is off 20 and Andy gets to use Ortmanns. Sounds like it's worth a try to me. Like he said, If he starts doind too well we reduce his handcap a little.
I certainly don't feel threatened by him using cheating b**tard tyres.
I would rather let him do that than him get fed up of coming last and give up coming all together.

The main person it's going to affect is Alan. He'll be lonely back there if Andy starts getting quicker.
That is a big if though, we saw what happened with silly tyres on Tuesday. He kept up with us for 4 laps and then fell off. It just means he gets better value for money 4 laps instead of 1. Simples!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Andy, all that is said is meant lightly so don't take offence.
As for a threat to Alan, have you seen the scores on the website?
Series 3 was a lot better for you than series 2.
You are getting there mate.
Glad to hear you won't give up.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The lap counter does detect false starts and when I am marshalling or racing, if I think there has been a jump then I check.
It's not worth doing as if you do then you are automatically 1 lap behind. That's the way it works. The only down side to the detectors is it struggles with light coloured guides. Black and grey are fine. This only mainly comes into play on GW nights with older cars and pin or white guides. It won't count them at all. I'm sure that getting away by 2" isn't really going to make that much difference. If you have a quick car then you will pull away anyway. If you have a slow car then you will get caught.
On Tonys track it does matter coz there is a long run to the first corner. My track the run is so short that you don't get that much of an advantage.

Don't worry about wooden spoon Alan. If those biscuits stay in there much longer they will be wooden.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.