SlotForum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
WOW, I would just like to say a few words to all my fans out there.

A BIG thank you to all, been a great day, fixed my BOSCH IXO, sorted out our track, sold a lot of cars, track on the bay of pigs, now this.
So, may I just say, once again, THANK YOU GUYS, Hugs and XXX all round.

PS, BTW, what cars are we racing?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
QUOTE (pressbutton @ 2 May 2011, 11:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So? Is it tonight, or is it tomorrow? Does my brother know?

I cannot remember, But what I do know is, a mug of coffee weighs 447g. Me thinks it is tomorrow.

QUOTE (AAWSCC @ 2 May 2011, 11:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will email Steve, how often does he check his mail?

Lets make it tomorrow so we can have enough peeps to make it worth while then.
Cars... last time of the ones on the website.

New classes are......
Any Carrera classic
Ninco 4wd rally
and some others

Anyone remember them?

please add to help out the hard of thinking.
I remember that for once I have all the classes. Yes, you read right, all classes.
Above anyway, the rest I know I had, unless someone has changed it.

What we need to do, is write these things down
Well maybe I should.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
HPI
NINCO 4x4 Rally
Carrera Classic
Revell Classic
American Muscle
OPEN

Could someone please pass this on to Steve please.

I think I'm right on dates, but No doubt I will be told different if wrong.

I would like to say this. Tyre choice. On the HPI, Carrera, The tyre choice should be down to the drive, in other words. Free choice.
Most would choice Orts, some Pauls, some NSR some Hornby. It could be different, just to see how what people would run.

Cheers
Andy,

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
JMO, I find it easer to drive a car with good tyres on, than with hard plastic. which most std cars come with. HPI & Carrera are very hard. American Muscle could be any make. So different tyres are not a factor, as they will all be different.
and fitting Ortmanns to a Revell vintage class car actually make them worse! QED. The added cos, £3 a set? Or, the NSR's I bought £2 for 4.

Maybe I'm different, I just like playing around with things, get a bigger buz from building and then racing the car I built, then buying something I will get board with unless I start modding it. Same with 1:1. Have to do something to make it handle the way it was designed to in the first place.
Never thought I would like Pioneer, but they come into their own after a while, where Hornby, are just that, Hornby.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
"You lot are ganging up on me!"

Look @ it this way
, or
. If I can use whatever tyre I choose, I could catch up, make a race of it and maybe win. If I started to win more races than I loose, (higher than 2nd), then I revert back to whatever the other cars are shod with. The chances are, I would not be buying tyres for the Revell. Maybe the Carrera, HPI & AM , that leaves the Open & Ninco.
Now, as Steve said. If he started to win, I would worry.
What have you got to loose. If I win a lot, you could always put it down to the tyres. "You only win because of the tyres.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
QUOTE (AAWSCC @ 5 May 2011, 16:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So we're going to have racing on a handicap basis now then?
We are racing on par Pete, Keith and Steve are 1-10, Alan is off 20 and Andy gets to use Ortmanns. Sounds like it's worth a try to me. Like he said, If he starts doind too well we reduce his handcap a little.
I certainly don't feel threatened by him using cheating b**tard tyres.
I would rather let him do that than him get fed up of coming last and give up coming all together.

The main person it's going to affect is Alan. He'll be lonely back there if Andy starts getting quicker.
That is a big if though, we saw what happened with silly tyres on Tuesday. He kept up with us for 4 laps and then fell off. It just means he gets better value for money 4 laps instead of 1. Simples!

Hang on a mo....I did manage to finish 2 races last Tues. OK, 4th. but I did finish. IIR, > He kept up with us for 4 laps and then fell off< That was with the Notch Back, Standard Pioneer boots.

Handicap or Andycap that is the question, be it......
I'm OK with that, as long as it's 100% agreed, as for Ort's well, not to sure about that one. Depends on what tyre suites the car. if that's OK.
If P, S & K are off 1 - 10, what are you? You have to in there some where, say 9?

OK, yes, I do get a bit 'Disheartened' But Quit, never to return, you wish! We will never surrender. I have Goals to complete, 3 people I need to conquer....Well, want to, not need.
I do not think I'm a threat to Alan, BTW.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Is that to do with Red and Black wires

I agree, There does seem a lot, and I must admit to doing it on occasions, that's why I get a penalty when going into the first right hand bend, normally come off. Others get away with it

Not to sure how we can progress this one. The NINCO set-up we use, Does that understand false Starts?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Get to Grip with what? I let my wife do that!

So:-
Tuesday 14th June -- Series 4. Been and gone.

Tuesday 21st June -- Club Cars. Missed

Tuesday 28th June -- Series 4. Missed

Tuesday 5th July -- Goodwood Night. Is this ON?

Tuesday 12th July -- Series 4. DEAD

It's having GW once a month that does me in. Now I know haw females feel????

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.