SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the RecycledHumanoid,

I was kennysscale, but due to some changes in my thought patterns, I decided to change my name on all the Slot Sites I visit. When I first started back in Model Car Racing it was with Tomy HO. Thanks to the net I found out about 1/32. That is where my main interest lies.

I picked "RecycledHumanoid" because I'm a recovering alcoholic and a Born Again Christian. For some strange reason that name made me smile. It makes me think of a beat up piece of furniture found in a second hand store that is restored to it's former beauty or a busted up car that has been scratchbuilt into something even better than before.

Kenny

PS My apologies to Mr. Buffett. Yes, I am a Parrot Head!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
good to see your off the nectar that we all like so much except the wine guzzling nuro

welcome back or welcome again not sure but welcome either way

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hi RH! Welcome to SF! If you've been changing your user name on slot boards, then how long have you been into the hobby? Hopefully you will be bringing some more knowledge to the rest of us

Enjoy!

Mark.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Welcome mate. Int is pretty good at recycling spare parts so you two should get on really well

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Difflock,

I've been back into this brand of insanity for 4 years. Knowledge? That's the next booth over. I'm in charge of thumb twiddling.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
So you use a thumb controller then ?

Ok, so if knowledge is the next booth over, you must have 4 year's worth of opinions to put to us
We like opinions on SlotForum don't we people?

I've only been into slot cars since last year - never had a set as a kid. Bought a few cars in my late teens, early 20s. Never joined a club etc. until my 1:1 Capri prompted me to buy a couple of FLY Zakspeeds via e-bay. Found a club to race at (Slot Tech) and never looked back as they say.

Mark.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Welcome back!

New or Old guise, good to see you active on the Forums again mate.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To all slotheads,

I guess I should have added that I was saved in 1988 and quit drinking in 1998. When I first found the net had so many great slot sites I chose kennysscale simply because it fit my love of 1/64 (HO). When 1/32 stole my heart, I decided to pick a name that fit me on the many boards I visit. Some of these sites are not slot.

I do have plans to set a few tracks up in my Church's Fellowship Hall the next time we have a Family Fun Night. Wonder how many new hobbyists I can net that way?

Thank you, everyone who responded to this with all of your kind thoughts.

Kenny

The World's One and Only Cross-Scale Recycled Humanoid!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts