SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Carerra track all setup and have a great time playing with it, but I have a Wife and 3 year old Daughter that have a hard time keeping the cars on the track. I have turned them down, but if I go too low then they seem to stop on crossovers/etc. I noticed that the mustang police car that I run as a ghost car can zip around the track and doesnt seem to wreck hardly at all, but the other cars I have seem to slide around a lot. So should I switch out the tires (yes I guess I lose realism) to add some grip, and does the car matter the car or are they interchangable? Is it an easy pop off the top, swtich them out?

Just spend half my time putting cars back on the track and lose the fun of just playing

·
Registered
577 Posts
Ha Oldstyle

Tyres will make all the difference to the driving (putting back on track) experience.

I have done a bit of experimenting with tyres and found that MJK are the best for me but not sure where you are located and if they are available in your location as they are manufactured in Australia.

Urethane tyres are available on eBay and the guy that sells them paulgg132 is based in Canada and is also on SlotForum

Other types are Silicon - Brand names are Maxxtrac or Indy Grips - I have used both and they are great.

Note: each car has different wheel measurement so you need to match the tyre to the car.

There is no need to remove the body of the car - just peel of the tyre from the rim.

Hope this helps

Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked for paulgg132 and didnt seem to find him.

I do see both Maxxtrac and Indy Grips and they seem to run the same price, do have have an opinion on one being better than the other or pretty much the same?

Thanks,

Thomas

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Different types of tyre can make a big differance to grip.
How round they are also makes a big differance to grip.
That's why the more serious racers invest in a tyre truer - accurately trued tyres give more grip than out of round tyres.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts