SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, guys
I'm cleaning house...letting go of a Chaparral Couple kit with NOS motor, chassis and mounts etc. Doesn't look like my pic is working on EBAY (too cluttered...should have added a closeup of the chassis and motor). Anyway, at the rate it's going, I think it's going to sell for the price of the plastic kit...not a slot car. Feel free to benefit from my stupidity *sigh*

John

Ebay

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Try not to worry too much, John! All the serious bidding will happen in the last few minutes, seconds even!

Mr.M

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
good luck with the sale. In future always always say 'like scalextric' in the title!

But as Mr Material says, lots happens in the last few minutes, the price with 2 days to go rarely has anything to do with the final price.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Looks like we might know the current high bidder too ehh?

I also am not convinced the reproduction 1990 version actually goes for that much anyway. I bought just the kit this year for 9.99 USD and there are easily found repro chassis to be found and also a fair few of the red can motors. So sorry John but don't get your hopes up too high mate.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Monogram has in fact just re-re-released the static kit, complete with a pre-painted driver.

Professor Motor has them, as well as repro chassis and NOS motors

Kind regards

Russell

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
QUOTE (Edo @ 3 Nov 2004, 10:43)So Mr. Material are we getting ready to snipe it?

What buffer time? 7, 5 or 1 second?

Warm regards
Edo
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll leave this one for you Edo

1/24 are for admiring, although the Farnham club do now have a Carrera 1/24 class and I was making enquiries only this morning about a 250 GT SWB becoming my first step into this scale!

All the best

Jim

·
Registered
773 Posts
Farnham is racing 1/24 now?

I'm in UK from Monday till Thursday afternoon - Theale and Heathrow - and Farnham is not to far away...

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
QUOTE (thomas @ 3 Nov 2004, 20:00)Farnham is racing 1/24 now?

I'm in UK from Monday till Thursday afternoon - Theale and Heathrow - and Farnham is not to far away...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, not exactly now Thomas, but that is no excuse not to come along next week! We have added it as a class to our list of over 30, but we can only manage 8 per night, and sometimes not that many with the turnout we have been enjoying lately

Heathrow is only half an hour's drive, I'll send you a PM!

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi, guys
thanks for all the info, and the helpful hints. I am late in responding cause I actually was only posting this, not expecting reactions....ESPECIALLY not expecting to find it was re-released with motor and chassis. LOL. I actually bought the whole package last year for around $80. My timing wasn't so good on this one, huh?

meanwhile, I am selling half the household and many of the other auctions are going well...what the hey. Incidentally, there is a nice unbuilt GP 33 Lotus which has climbed to $96, and is also closing tomorrow evening. It may be a reasonable deal, if not cheap...fyi. (Although...I would rather have one like David Lawson's recent scratchbuild anyway!)

thanks a lot for all the info and support. this is a great hobby..and a great forum!!

cheers,
John

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
As I understood the 2D momgram was reissued as a static in the 1990's. Then repro chassis were made available for it. As well as the original plastic weight and arm for the rear wing and the caps for the mounting posts. These were done as after market products and not with the reissue! The new reissue I've not seen yet.
Regards Allan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts