Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am new to this forum, but have been directed here by someone who thought fellow enthusiasts might like to know about our charity event....

On 9th/10th March we are holding a 24 hour endurance event in aid of Cancer Research. It will be held at Kingsclere Methodist Church (near Newbury, Berkshire)

It's been arranged by children so is just a bit of fun really, but we're offering the chance to come along and race for just £2.50 per half hour slot. There is also a raffle with prizes that have been donated from car manufacturers, motorsport companies and some local businesses too. Refreshments are available throughout the session, but at 4pm on the Friday when it opens there will be home-made cakes available too, and then on the Saturday morning from 10am - 12 noon Bacon/Sausage butties too!!

If anyone would like more details or can help in anyway please get in touch!

and now I'm off to read some more of the website - and no doubt waste even more time on this hobby!!

·
Jim Moyes
4,998 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Emsden, and good luck with your event!

That's a serious bit of "fun" you appear to be putting on. I've been captivated by this hobby for 20 years now and still haven't built up the enthusiasm to enter a 24hour event.

I'm guessing the queue for racers might not be so busy at 4AM

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Me and joshua had great fun during the time we had at this event, all in aid of a great cause.

It was the first time i have had a proper go on Digital as well.

Shame we could not stay longer, but a Motorsport Experience at Thruxton for my father was also on the days agenda. What a funpacked day we had...

Here are a few pictures:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the photos Andy - glad you both had a good time! We raised £2100 in the end - which was amazing! We were racing all 24 hours, and were very impressed with the endurance of the cars (considering they were raced by mainly children and came of the track probably every third lap) We are missing quite a few wing mirrors and rear spoilers, but apart from one minor casualty which was fixed with a screwdriver and a soldering iron, all were in tact at the end! Who knows, once we've forgotten how tiring it was we might think about doing it again next year!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts