Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and i have been running standard scalextric ,fly etc cars for a while but have now got competitive with each other, he is loading his cars up with magnets but i dont like the way the cars just unpredictably just "let go" when you reach the limits. i was thinking of trying either a penelope pitlane sidewinder chassis or a slot it hrs-2 inline chassis with one of my scalex bodies on. can anyone tell me which if any would be better and would i be able to keep up with my friends magnet cars. we both have a 18rpm motor limit (mabuchi s etc) thanks Graham

·
Registered
826 Posts
I do not have any experience with the PP chassis but the Slot It works well. Are you keeping a mag or two in the chassis or going magless? If you're keeping the mag(s), you might get ahead with the better chassis, less downforce and better tires.

If you're going magless, get your friend to try and take you on a wood track and you'll most likely leave him in the dust with the HRS chassis.

I am being a bit simplistic 'though, the combination of tires, body float, pod float and potentially a bit of added weight all contribute to the handling on a wood no-mag track.

Randy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts