SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has come to my attention that I need to aquire a chassis jig.
MDF or similar with nails just won't do, but I'm also not looking to spend a mint on one. Where can I get a solid metal chassis jig in the UK without breaking the bank?

Lotus

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
Hi lotus,

Chas at SCD sells jigs in the UK, although they're not metal they are good.. Chris Briggs, who posts here sells metal jigs but he's the other side of the pond.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips guys, but this is the only info I can find:

QUOTE SCD Chassis building block. Safe to solder on this

Does anyone have any details, pictures or prices?

Cheers

Lotus

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Hi Lotus

This is a pic I posted before, but it shows the SCD chassis jig in action, although the frame I'm building here is not mounted in it. All the little holes you see are drilled square and take little bits of 3/32" axle, so you can line things up to pretty much any imaginable wheelbase or track. You do need 'set up wheels' with it really, some little ali dummy wheels that will support the axles at the right height. Chas Briggs sent me some. Before that, I used two strips of ali, predrilled with axle holes at the right height and wheelbase spacing and clamped that to the chassis jig to keep everything square. You can see that on the 'Built on a Pension' thread.

Last time I looked it was £10 from SCD, Grange Nurseries, North View Rd, Westgate Hill Bradford BD4 6NS

I wouldn't make a move without it!

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Chas is a top man to deal with. He just knocked me up some evil smelling pirrana rears for the World Proxy Race in double quick time. Highly recommended.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.
At £10 I might have to get one of them, although I was hoping for one like the original Russkit jig. Does it come with the pegs or do you have to make them up yourself?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It does come with pegs, even a mega-peg for the guidepost hole.
If what you really want is the Russkit I'd give Chris Briggs a shout though (on this board). What he sells is a "Russkit kind of" design. It is very good, I've got two of them.

Erling.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But it's about 4-5 times the price, and I don't want to spend too much on it.
Also, I think he is in the US so postage would bump up the price. But I will ask him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts