SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Not me - chat rooms are notorious for that kind of thing.
Also a good way to have your PC screwed up when the wrong people are around - it isn't for me.
Interesting that Jon s wants to pay your extra bandwidth Doug!
Well, he SAYS he does . . .

I am SHOCKED at what it is costing you - almost speechless.

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Doug, you are totally on the ball and are seeing the complete picture very clearly.

I cannot imagine that a reputable company would condone his lack of professionalism while using their name. A bit of a Jekyll and Hide character and apparently unable to separate the emotional individual from the professional representative.

Aaron's personal strategy has always been the classic "Divide and Conquer" - bribe a bunch of natives with baubles and beads, get them well on your side and then turn them against those whom you wish to usurp.
It can work very effectively - for a while.
As exemplified by the Brits until WWII.

· Registered
5,404 Posts
QUOTE Hopefully they can vent their spleens there and leave this place a tad more easy-going.
As often, Peter has it summed nicely - this does appear to be the case and we now have a significant reduction in drivel posting here.
The chatroom is probably a blessing to us.
I think the ring leaders might well fall out with each other there, as children do.
I can't quite clarify my own attitude towards the chat-room topic on our own board though.

I am about to leave for our final club race of this season and won't be back until 22:30 or so UK time, although "Tropi" might well appear to be hanging around the entire day.

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Just back, rather late and terribly tired so am nipping off to bed sharpish tonight.
Much sensible comment from you all.

Just a quick note regarding young Rob - I am almost certain I haven't deleted or even edited one of his posts, certainly not recently, so I am at a loss as to why he thinks I have - most peculiar. I can only think that one of the 'ring-leaders' has filled him with some nonsense - it simply isn't true.
Ah well, night night chaps.

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Next day, now largely recovered from the euphoria of totally whitewashing my club's unlimited F1 class on the last day of the season and after no previous success what ever!

Post by Astro

At present, Aaron is exercising his right to stay away.
But, given that he has admitted to the effort of actively canvassing many of our members in a deliberate attempt to damage Slot Forum, through boycott, and has most definitely incited the same in the chat room, we must consider whether we will permit him to return, even if he wants to.

There are plenty of ways of responding to Astro's relatively innocuous post, including ignoring it, deleting it (it IS off topic), closing the Topic or making a statement. I am currently inclined to ignore it, but if it builds, we will have the same decision to make anyway.

For those who don't know, It appears that Astro is the boy friend of "Hugs" and they jointly host the chat-room where Aaron incites insurrection etc. However the subject seems to be boring most of them at this point and will possibly just fade away naturally.

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Scott
QUOTE Is there some cosmic law that says after so long all forums degenerate into this?
I only have experience of SCI and here.
No, there isn't, but there is a natural law that says, the more successful the forum is, the greater the chances of attracting loud mouths, wishing to dominate the rest. It's virtually inevitable over time. The proven way to deal with them, after they inevitably ignore the usual polite requests to tone it down, is suspension, short term or permanent. If they bother to return under other another name and behave, then problem solved. If they misbehave again, ban again. It works just fine and nothing else does.

Peter
QUOTE If it (the chat room) is a place with a lot of sex related chat rooms then I would strongly suggest we don't ever provide a link to it.
It is.
This information is 100% reliable other than what consititutes 'a lot'.
Some, definitely.

Grah
QUOTE Inte is only young and hopefully will come back on track we'll have to wait and see.
I had hoped so, but he has in fact joined another new start-up forum as a moderator(!), in direct competition with us. I don't believe the competition will be up to much but am slightly startled to see the EXACT same page layout section as our own.
THAT is a bit cheeky I feel.
I don't know who actually owns and hosts it - yet.

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Nice to see you around again Allan!

I agree with all you say, including supension being a last resort.

Unfortunately, with rampant egotists of the jonny s type, that last resort is the ONLY resort other than letting them take the place over. He has created more problems here than Moped ever did, in that dear Mop has simply been very silly on occasions but this guy is definitely spiteful. Patience and guile is a complete and total waste of time on this arrogant and over-inflated ego. He has exhibited, well-witnessed, real malice in the famous chat room and is directly responsible for leading the likes of young Rob and others astray.
Beneath the bull**** and bonhommie, quite a nasty piece of work.

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Anyone know what actually goes on there these days?
Is insurrection still a talking point?
They had a rule that forums were a forbidden subject - I wonder if that still stands.

I had a quick look at slotters forum this morning and it seems to be dying - no posts for about 4 days and no great loss in my opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.