SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE come chat in www.ukchatrooms.net - General - Slotracer
NB - over 18 network

Not kicking up a stink but, after previous doubts discussed here regarding this chatroom and its proven history of insurrection etc plus association with 'over eighteen' (=sex rooms etc), what is the feeling regarding this link now being regularly posted as a signature in Slot Forum?

On an individual level, I couldn't care less - I'm a big boy, but what about the membership in general? Do we have any responsibility in that direction?

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Responsibility or no, if we don't like it - no reasons, no justifications needed - them remove it.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Everytime I see it I flinch.

I think, in these rather sad times we find ourselves in, that we have an extra responsibility in this area. Our hobby, the hobby of grown men, is playing with toys - aimed at boys. The forum as a meeting point for those men and boys to discuss slot cars, in all innocence, is also a potential hunting ground for the sicko's in our society.

I would hate to see Doug's fine efforts get some bad press; doesn't matter what truth was in the story, the representation in the fine and noble media would be focused on the negative.

God knows I'm against the Nanny State but if you asked for my vote (and I know you didn't) I would be for removing the link.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
When this subject first cropped up some months ago, my impression was that we preferred SF not to be associated, however lightly, with the chat room (and however innocent the motives of its owners). It seems we are of broadly similar opinion now, too.
I guess a diplomatically worded message to Astro, who seems a reasonable chap, might be better than just chopping his sig - any volunteers?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Good morning chaps,

I think that Peter has hit the nail right on the head for me.

We shouldn't have to worry about things like this, but we do.

Vote for it to be removed.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a hard one this . . .
Astro is overall quite a sensible and nice guy - I think. I rather sneakily used him (and others) to successfully mould the volatile Mr Foord on occasion and that's no bad thing! He has obviously tried to oblige us by removing the link.

The trouble is I still have bad memories of the shennanigans certain people got up to in that room and I am naturally at least a little biased against it and some of its users. I would prefer we had no connection with it whatsoever, but I won't get on my high horse about it, even though inclined to agree with Julian.
I am calling it neutral for the present and see how the rest of you feel.

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Difflock ,Harry Porsche and A bill also carry the link I'll see Diff tommorrow if he turns up at pendle . I had a conversation with astro and hugs about the chat room at wrexham a while ago I think they do try to police it but I personaly would not like to be associated with chat rooms so my vote also is to remove them.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
ok, I've sent PM's to all these guys asking for complete removal of links to and and info of the UK Chatroom service.

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
QUOTE If you want to chat slot cars on an over 18 network, please pm me for the link
Harry has removed his link but fergy has replaced his with the above.
What now ? personally I think it just says the same thing and nothing has really changed ,if the rest follow suit then they are still using SF as an advertising medium.
QUOTE This space for rent
just checked one of A bills posts and it now carries the above

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
I dunno that that is much better. Why do they have to state the 'over 18' bit? Maybe it's just my sordid mind but it implies something...well, sordid.

Can they not lose the 'over 18 network'?

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
That's a very sensible suggestion from Peter - what look like very resonable 'warnings' of necessity to be over eighteen are almost an open invitation to insalubrious types, a clear pointer, almost an advertisement directed to that end of the social spectrum.
Isn't language ambiguous sometimes!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts